RS4 Carbon build up pics

Started by UKRSKiwi, March 13, 2012, 10:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB

If I was in the market I would want your mods.
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

Stickman

I like fast toys.

2016 Audi RS6 Performance
2007 Audi RS4

beeker

An interesting post on a posisble solution to the carbon buildup (and loss of power) on the RS4

http://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=98750&hilit=water+meth

14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

BB

I couldn't be bothered reading much as they were all such dumb asses going on about it not running very often and boost triggering and losing or gaining power when its about cleaning effect.
I think you could and should try a constant feed of water sucked into your manifold see how it goes. Easy to do a bottle of water a hose to the intake and a beer makers tap or something to control the flow a little. Cant really hurt except maybe the o2 sensors or something?

I think should just drive them, then spend the $3k getting them cleaned and then drive them again. It only happens after a while and dosen't even make them go that much worse. Just one of those things
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

mikemas

Quote from: UKRSKiwi on May 10, 2012, 09:20:06 AM
When I come to end my ownership I will return it all back to standard. Even though all the work has been done by possibly one of the best firms in the world when it comes to tuning RS Audis I imagine that the next owner will perceive that the car is 'better' by running completely stock. Nevermind it is more fuel efficient and produces 30 more ps than new without any silly work that adds 'stress' like increasing compression ratios etc. All I have done is increase the breathing capabilities of the engine.

Whoah I almost went off on a rant there!

How much did you spend on the MRC Stage 2 map and MRC Stage 2 Induction Manifold if you don't mind my asking?

Always slow down for Ka band!!

UKRSKiwi

That's a good question! For the stage 2 and manifold work probably about ?1.9k. Hard to know as I had them do a few other things at the same time, it could have been a quite bit cheaper than that.
I rocked up with quite a big list for them to undertake such as fitting high flow cats, pre-emptive oil cooler change etc etc.
B7 RS4
MRC Stage 2 map
MRC Stage 2 Induction Manifold
Milltek Exhaust and 100 Cell DP's
ITG Panel Filter
Short Shifter
CAF

450ps proven.