How much is this A3 worth?

Started by Toro, April 05, 2012, 06:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toro

Guys, I want to upgrade my car and I was wondering how much can I ask for it.

Is an Audi A3 1.8T Manual with 340.000km on the clock. Everything works less the A/C (compressor spins and locks but has no gas apparently). Front tyres are new and rears halfway through. No oil or water use and drives fine.

Would 3k be okay?

slowmo

Wow, pretty good that you got it to 340,000kms!
Current: 2004 MK4 R32 3-door NZ New DBP

Past: 2010 MK6 GTI / 2013 Nissan Leaf LOL / 2007 B7 RS4 / 2006 MK5 R32 / 2005 MK5 GTI / 1998 MK4 GTI / 1997 B5 A4 MTM

slowburn

actually looks quite nice for the Kms and the price.... like the wheels color compared to the body
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

Toro

Yeah, it has done a lot of Kms but the engine has no leaks, no oil use, turbo comes in as it should.... it would be a really nice car for the money.

Will be on TradeMe in a couple of hours after a good clean and photo session.

Cheers

slowmo

Looks like a good base for a project track car? :D
Current: 2004 MK4 R32 3-door NZ New DBP

Past: 2010 MK6 GTI / 2013 Nissan Leaf LOL / 2007 B7 RS4 / 2006 MK5 R32 / 2005 MK5 GTI / 1998 MK4 GTI / 1997 B5 A4 MTM

BB

Whilst they are a POS this one does seem good value and has lasted very well!
I think garaging and regular good quality servicing can make these cars work out ok if not good for some people if they get a good one.
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

Toro

hahaha

I did the cambelt on this one BB, it certainly is a PITA but with some patience and frequent breaks you get it done.

Regular maintenance, good oil and fresh filters are a MUST if you want something to last.

BB

Im all done on the cambelt now, not so bad really after all.
You just have to do things a bit arse about face.
Your car would be a good buy at 3K I recon.
Manual turbo ;)
And mileage is nothing its condition you go on and yours seems pretty good.
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

Toro

Car sold last week.

Is somewhere around Hastings now.

I will miss that car, cheap, fun, turbo and light.

Leighton

Bought this car off the guy in hastings last weekend, got it for 1700.
He didnt look after it as well but still very good running gear and not too bad on the outside.

00quattro00

Quote from: Leighton on September 19, 2012, 08:46:40 PM
Bought this car off the guy in hastings last weekend, got it for 1700.
He didnt look after it as well but still very good running gear and not too bad on the outside.

Are you in Hawkes Bay? I took it for a drive, didnt think too much of it but with a few things sorted it will be ok
Land Rover Discovery 300tdi
Land Rover 110 4bd1t

Leighton

Nah brought it back to hamilton. Hydrolink repaired the powersteering hose for $50 was very suprised the pump was still working mint after being run dry for so long. got headlight and new back tyre, done 800kms so far in the car seems like it was a very good buy. warrent just brought up a tie rod end but thats no major. My Mk4 gti golf is also sitting on high kms its at 250 and chipped so i have confidince and expericence with these motors at high kms

Toro

:) Nice to hear that the green rocket it's still going strong!

Do you have the service history? Car was from Hamilton, was serviced by some european specialized shop there and I gave the last owner all the invoices.

PS was working while I was the owner, the only mechanical issue that used to have was that when it had less than 1/2 a tank it needed a bit more cranking. Don't know if it had an oil change lately, but I always used a big VW/AUDI diesel filter and Valvoline Synpower 5w40 that approves all VW standards and has the best 100?C viscosity without spending a lot of money. The car never used more than 200ml of oil between changes. The doors were sagging a bit, normal on all MK4 platform with 2 door cars that can be fixed easily from the foot-well.

If you change the DV you will feel the car heaps better, IIRC it was not working as it should when I sold it. I've always use 98 on it, PITA I know but with 95 you can hear the engine knocking a bit and I didn't like that too much.

Anyway..... enjoy the car!

Leighton

Hey i can tell that it was looked after well in the past. unfortunatly this previous owner not so much, he only done 20k in it so it hasnt been to negected, i will be giving a full service and as with my golf i run similar oil and always 98. the drivers so is very much sagged but will be sorted soon, i hope to hit 400 with this audi and see no reason it wont make it, maybe somewhere along the line see will be fitted with a nice big engine and put on the track as there is nothing wrong with the shell.
Good to see a vag block so healthy at 360km.
Good message for all, look after the car and it will look after you, although in saying that im sure all members here do and thats what brings us together =]