S6 5 pot turbo motor engine speed sensor

Started by BB, November 28, 2011, 03:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qta4

Are you using a good diagnostic system Jem, because some of the others dont show these codes you are looking for.
Skill is, sucessfully tightrope walking across the Niagra Falls.
Intelligence is, having the sense not to do it.

OOOO

Quote from: BB on February 10, 2012, 06:23:20 PM
Yea you would say that.
No I haven't tried another MAF. Maybe Scott would let me borrow his..........maybe not, this person would definitely let somebody borrow his if their S6 had this issue :angel: :angel:

Quite happy to lend bits Jem if it helps with the troubleshooting. Also have VCDS if that is an improvement on your code reader.
2014 Audi A8 4.2TDI
2013 VW Golf 2.0TDI
2009 Audi A3 quattro

BB

Awsum scot it would be gret to swap over the airflow at the least I guess.
And the code reader does work, its only the old 2+2 system It did log all its codes but I cleared them and then it didn't have any again after a run.
It loged them all because I turned the key on while it was all apart.
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

John Stone

Jem have you confirmed the 02 sensor is good, this will restrict boost on my WR and send it into limp home mode
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

jared18t

May sound patronising but you did put the timing belt on correctly as in your not one tooth out?   mates golf was running like what you have described and pulled same code,  checked timing,  one tooth out.....
99 GTI Stage 2
Audi quattro V8.......

And I am now on first name basis with my BP attendant

BB

Cambelt is good.
The O2 sensor has been replaced once as its a generic one that you use those sleeved plastic covered clamps with.
It did log a O2 code when it was unpluged but not again after cleared so I'm pretty sure the O2 would code if it wasn't working?
Can a O2 sensor be working one day and then not the next?
As said it went bad then came right and then went bad and stayed bad.
I appreciate all your comments.

John Stone

Quote from: BB on February 12, 2012, 10:57:14 AM
Cambelt is good.
The O2 sensor has been replaced once as its a generic one that you use those sleeved plastic covered clamps with.
It did log a O2 code when it was unpluged but not again after cleared so I'm pretty sure the O2 would code if it wasn't working?
Can a O2 sensor be working one day and then not the next?
As said it went bad then came right and then went bad and stayed bad.
I appreciate all your comments.
There is a possibility the wiring to the the sensor has a poor connection - mine bends at about 150 degrees to the crimps from the loom and they are known to fail.....could it be the case here Jem?
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

BB

Well wouldn't it throw up a O2 code if the sensor wasn't working?
That the annoying part, if it threw up a code I would have something to work with. Maybe Ill take it for a bigger drive and see if a code does come up.

BB

Spinner (who misses him?) has done some research on other forums and it is suggested that a dud fuel pump could possibly cause this lack of power?
What do you guys think?

Alfashark

Could do Jem, enough pressure to idle and run with no load, but turns to piss and dribble spec under boost/load.
'14 Octavia RS TDI
'06 Fabia VRS
'93 CitiGolf 1.6

John Stone

If you can find a pump test for fuel delivery it will be worth doing Jem.
The WR - with K jet requires a jumper in the fuse box (WR pump will not run without a signal from the ecu) and 30 seconds timed delivery should give you something like 900ml.
Worth checking http://www.isham-research.co.uk/quattro/fuel_pump.html
I noticed this is for ALL quattro engine types including the 20 valve RR motor but it's not written up specifically. Would still be a good place to start.
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

BB

Oh how I love to pump gasoline around :P
Thanks john.

jared18t

FPR?  Being a mechanic you may find it useful to make a portable fuel pressure gauge out of an oil pressure gauge.
99 GTI Stage 2
Audi quattro V8.......

And I am now on first name basis with my BP attendant

BB

Quote from: jared18t on February 15, 2012, 10:19:18 PM
FPR?  Being a mechanic you may find it useful to make a portable fuel pressure gauge out of an oil pressure gauge.

Yea man I know, I can borrow one.

BB

Well this car was sent to Euroline to be fixed and I highly regard Rob and his mechanic out there.
The car had its fuel pump cleaned out, several broken plug wires inside the sheath repaired and a new O2 sensor and ECU.
Goes great!
They also did lots of nice little touches to get it right that were not part of the initial ask like straightening the steering wheels and sealing the hose to the expansion tank.
Spinner was happy as, and it now makes all the other work I did seem worth while.
The guy did over 12 hours work and only charged $690!!!!
And Rob charged $400 for a ECU and about $50 for a O2 sensor plus GST.
Cant ask for a better deal really for a lot of work done and the car is going great.