slowburn

99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

GTI's

Oh that sux bro!  My thoughts are with you and your family

dave

im trying to buy this, my friends dad is a panel beater who does repair certs so hes going to fix it up legit if i buy it.

slowburn

99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

dave

is it your old car?  does it go good for a 1300?

slowburn

no,not mine but it's been kicking around the club for a lil while now...
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

slowburn

dave,search member isnowi look through his old posts,he did quite a bit to that lil' whip.....
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

dave

well looks like ive sold a car so im going to chuck a bid on this, any one know were to get the replacment parts

Far4ngn

This is what was done to the car when Tom bought it from isnowi, went really well...especially the pops from the exhaust!

Tom will be gutted seeing it like this.

Here is a list of the maintenance/upgrades i have completed on it:
-New front windscreen, some rust removal around frame.
-New drivers side window.
-Shift linkage bushing kit
-new front rotors and brake pads (gti ventilated brakes fitted)
-new front brake hoses
-balljoints and tierods inspected and new boots fitted
-new clutch
-new crankcase breather fitted
-new stainless water pipe made for back of engine
-new thermostat
-new cambelt
-new waterpump
-head has been off for valve stem seals, valves cleaned up and relapped, ports tidied up ad matched to manifolds.
-pistons decoked, are in reasonable condition for age.
-race radiator altered and fitted with new thermo fan and fan switch
-electronic ignition/dizzy fitted
-custom stainless manifold for bike crabs.
-bike carbs stripped cleaned and reassembed
-battery moved to boot (battery 12 months old)
-oil pressure and water temp gauges fitted
-manual choke fitted
-1.5 coils cut off front springs, new shortened shocks fitted. Front coils do not have a closed end, thus cutting coils off does not affect the way they seat into the strut, merely increases the spring rate.
-honda civic rear suspension fitted with stock vw top mounts.
-new boot seal fitted
-various fuel etc hses replaced with new.
Sold - Mk 5 Golf GTI White, Audi S3 8L Red, Mk4 Golf GTI 1.8T Silver, Black, Jazz Blue, Mk3 6N Polo, Mk2 Golf GTI 16v Black, Red x2, Mk2 Golf GTI 8v Black, Mk2 Scirocco GTII Silver 2dr, Mk2 86c Polo Breadvan and Coupe

isnowi

I'm a bit gutted to see that to be honest, i reckon that the boot lid could be straightened to a fashion, the window hasn't popped so the basic shape must be close to being ok. The boot floor could probably be straightened reasonably easily, the rear suspension pickups are under the front of the rear seat so it's unlikely they have moved.

Pretty unlikely to find a new bootlid in NZ though, i have only ever seen one other coupe on the road and an earlier audi 50 at the wrecker. Most of them that i have seen are breadvans like Bertie.

It used to go very well for what it is, did a few trackdays and it surprised a few quicker cars though the twisty bits.

Would make a sweet little racecar too...
1985 Subaru Brumby
2003 Golf Variant Highline

dave

yea plan is a semi track car, was wondering more bout stuff like the tail lights and bumpers

isnowi

As a track car you could probably get away without the rear bumper, would look a bit ugly though, tail lights should be readily available through ebay uk or you may even get them through the dealer, when i put the new screen and side window in i was expecting an horrendous price, but the 2 bits of glass through the dealer were cheaper than just the screen through smith and smith, from memory the screen was less than $200 (including air freighting a second one after the first broke in transit) and the side window was only about $80
1985 Subaru Brumby
2003 Golf Variant Highline

Skilfil

Quote from: dave on May 03, 2012, 09:29:45 PM
yea plan is a semi track car, was wondering more bout stuff like the tail lights and bumpers

Bugger, saw this on TM and went on here wondering if anyone else was thinking the same thing. Go for it! I'd do it but starting a new job in a few days time so don't have the cash on hand.  :( Would make an awesome track hack.
1997 Mazda MX5 (B2 Limited Edition)
1990 Volkswagen Jetta Mk2 ABF
2006 Lexus GS430

Far4ngn

Try these guys for parts, they are really helpful...

http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/
Sold - Mk 5 Golf GTI White, Audi S3 8L Red, Mk4 Golf GTI 1.8T Silver, Black, Jazz Blue, Mk3 6N Polo, Mk2 Golf GTI 16v Black, Red x2, Mk2 Golf GTI 8v Black, Mk2 Scirocco GTII Silver 2dr, Mk2 86c Polo Breadvan and Coupe

n8ham

hey names nathan i own this at the moment, had some big plans for it to but this is what happens when your sitting in traffic not even moving and someone hits you doing 50ks, would love to repair but already run into so many dead ends trying to find a boot, wanted to sell to someone who wanted the whole thing and was going to track car it or something, but now just selling parts. 0277809479 if your keen on any parts

GTI's

Mate there is none of them here. I'd say the parts will be harder to sell than complete car.

dave

i swapd some wheels for the car, im gunna get the damage fixed

BB

Yea you can fix anything just as long as you get it for the right price and you did.
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

n8ham

im just glad its going to someone who will use it or use it for their volkswagen , got a few offers from wreckers but it would be such a waste

dave