Go the Rental TT

Started by 3DrMk4, March 06, 2006, 09:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3DrMk4

Here's a picture of the TT I rented from a rental car company that will remain unnamed. I rang up to get a relocation car from Christchurch to Picton that same day and was told they had no relocation category cars available. I said I would take anything and was told that a TT was all they had but they normally don't allow rentals of the TT at the relocation rate.
Long story short I said I was deperate (especially when I was told it was a TT instead of the usual Lancer or Corolla) and they ended up giving me the TT for 48 hours, with 800 free kilometres for a very reasonable $20.
Needless to say I took the longest route possible, taking in all the twisty back roads and had a thoroughly fantastic time. I was the last person to rent this particular TT - about a week later it ended up at Tory European's yard in Wellington.
This was the car that got me hooked on the 1.8 turbo and led me to my Golf GTI purchase. Unfortunately I couldn't come up with the $50k they wanted for this puppy.

hitmanGTI

Well its the case of the missing post  :S

As damian would say..

Audi Titty

3DrMk4

Sorry Hitman, yea i withdrew the topic and resubmitted it with the rego number blurred on the photo. I didn't know how else to do it. Feel free to rewrite it now.

Thought I had better do it in case I got a nasty phonecall. Not likely but you never know.

cao

Your just to quick Hitman  ;D
Would be an interesting stat to see what percentage of post you are the first to reply

Was it a 180 or 225 HP TT

3DrMk4

I don't know sorry. I never really looked into it. Just drove it all over the place while I had the chance. Took it on this fantastic piece of twisty backroad that starts somewhere near Hanmer and comes out on SH1 at the long straight with the airstrip alongside, just south of Kaikoura. Was a really great ride. It's quite a narrow road but I only saw 1 or two ski wagons on the whole stretch so really had a chance to open it right up. It even had a tight hairpin followed by a long flowing S bend where I turned around and went back for seconds - and thirds! I've since taken my Peugeot thru there and now I wanna take the Golf soon

eddyg

Quote from: cao on March 06, 2006, 11:30:38 PM
Your just to quick Hitman  ;D
Would be an interesting stat to see what percentage of post you are the first to reply

Was it a 180 or 225 HP TT

It's not a quattro, so it'll have to be the 180HP.

Cheers, Ed.

cao

Any other ways off telling from the outside
Are all 180 not quattro and all 225 quattro

eddyg

Quote from: cao on March 07, 2006, 05:11:33 PM
Any other ways off telling from the outside
Are all 180 not quattro and all 225 quattro

Exactly - just look for the quattro badge on the grill or the boot. Or look for the dual pipes vs single.

Audi won't put 225HP to front wheel drive, only AWD.

Cheers, Ed.