Golfs in Global Economy Drive

Started by bsting, March 08, 2006, 07:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tempq18t

Simple answer, new Shell Fuel is a joke, for some reason 1st tank made a huge difference to my mileage but maybe I got a week of good running out of it that week. Since then I have had the same mileage as I used to get on the original formula  :(

orggti

maybe they did put some extra go stuff in to get everyone hooked and now its too expencive to keep it in there so its just the old stuff again?

hitmanGTI

It was car and always will be crap..

The new Fuel was a Placebo per se..

The only reason the economicality improved was because the mindset of the users was subconsciously changed..

I will be 100 dollars that if every other merry petrolstation got a cheap peice of vynl and rop and printed new economicality formula and strapped it

around their advertising totem poles.. i reckon they fuel economicality would improve..

it wouldnt improve for me.. because i wouldnt be affected cos im such a cynic..

Greenbay

On Fair Go tonight they tested the new Shell against Mobil. AA monitored the test installing an empty tank in the car each time and putting in 12L of gas. Drove them over the same course until empty. Mobil did 174.3K and Shell did 181K They worked out that if you travel 14000k per year you would save $70.

Period_Correct_

was at shell today, gettig some diesel for the Tonka truck.
anyways, in small print in the advertisment for the jettas in that global economy drive thingy...

anyways, small print said that the content in the NZ fuel differs to the product they used...
1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

hitmanGTI

Quote from: Greenbay on June 21, 2006, 08:41:23 PM
$70.
thats not even one tank of gas in my car..

i do 40,000 a year..
and i refuse to put anything less than 98 in my car..

gti vr6

Quote from: MK4 GTI on June 21, 2006, 11:27:31 PM
thats not even one tank of gas in my car..

i do 40,000 a year..
and i refuse to put anything less than 98 in my car..

Blah blah blah fill it up with diesel
chugalugalugaluga
1986 Mk2 Scirocco
2021 T6.1 4M LWB Transporter Trendline

hitmanGTI

Quote from: gti vr6 on June 22, 2006, 07:22:23 AM

Blah blah blah fill it up with diesel
chugalugalugaluga

Nah thats what my carrola was for..

orggti

I cant belive that Shell would try a decive us with there fuel :o whats the world coming too ???

hitmanGTI

Quote from: orggti on June 24, 2006, 08:54:14 AM
I cant belive that Shell would try a decive us with there fuel :o whats the world coming too ???

you know very well jem that all the oil companies and their excecs are wankers...