B8 RS4 Review

Started by le mans, June 14, 2012, 12:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albacol

Verrrrry interesting. I spoke to someone who has driven it and they said it was more confusing than an M5 and that none of the set options were right so you had to cock around. Which is what this says as well. He said it drove well though (he only drove it on a test track as he is a telemetry engineer). Does look fckn nice though i have to say.

le mans

Looks quite good in blue:

Time will tell how this pans out as a driver's car. Does sound like loads of set up options which will appeal to some but not others. Also was surprised to read elsewhere that the sports diff is an option only (at least in the UK market).

RS ZWEI

Quote from: Albacol on June 14, 2012, 03:51:42 PM
Verrrrry interesting. I spoke to someone who has driven it and they said it was more confusing than an M5 and that none of the set options were right so you had to cock around. Which is what this says as well. He said it drove well though (he only drove it on a test track as he is a telemetry engineer). Does look fckn nice though i have to say.

Where did the person you spoke to drive it?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

wilco

Hah, full circle with the guards treatment.  UR's back in style..  >:D

le mans

schattenblau

Another car overloaded with clever dick electronics.

Next they'll be selling a 911 GT3 with two pedals.

:P

Albacol

Germany somewhere, as I said he does telemetry and they were doing some testing on it. He said it was the production version and had de plates on it. The one they had was silver. He did a few setup laps and a few fast laps. He owns an m3 and a tvr and has driven mine when he was in nz last year.

And to answer your question about 4 weeks ago, I got a text then and spoke to him last week about it.

Stickman

Quote from: le mans on June 14, 2012, 05:06:21 PM
A nice long sequence of rolling road shots here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyd4tVP8VE4
That V8 does sound very very nice. Still undecided about the styling compared to the B7...and the auto box. maybe it's time for us traditionalists to read the writing on the wall and move with the times...
I like fast toys.

2016 Audi RS6 Performance
2007 Audi RS4

Albacol

On this. and specifically the gearbox, i've just got back from being up the road at a meeting and I took a colleagues RS5 as he is a nice person and trusted me not to do horrible things to it (how wrong he was). Anyway, compared to the shambles of a gearbox in the RS6 it was *breathes deeply here* quite nice. There I said it. While not quite the manual experience (and it does feel like being in a very odd video game) the shifts were flaweless and it lets you flat shift it quite hard (sorry Fred I hope you don't read this). So there you go, i'm no convert but I am less against having driven one again.

S3NZ

Chris Harris' opinion on the latest, and last two RS4s.

http://jalopnik.com/5920004/this-is-the-story-of-the-the-audi-rs4-wagons

2010 VW Golf GTI
2007 S3 (SOLD)
2000 S3 (SOLD)
1971 VW Beetle (OLD)

schattenblau

I foresee b7 RS4's holding their value well ...

:laugh:

RS_OLLIE

Anyone know when this when this will be released in New Zealand?

Not that I can afford one, but I'm quite keen on a B7 RS4 and see the new model hopefully knocking the price of the current B7 down a touch......
Ford Sierra Cosworth RS - Sold
BMW E30 M3 - Sold
Nissan R32 GTR

beeker

Quote from: RS_OLLIE on July 02, 2012, 12:16:50 AM
Anyone know when this when this will be released in New Zealand?

Not that I can afford one, but I'm quite keen on a B7 RS4 and see the new model hopefully knocking the price of the current B7 down a touch......

My guess its that it wont. It didnt for the priror cars, as there was such a good 2nd tier of buyers, and then there was the car dealers still marking them back up again.
Also, most original RS4 owners sold a long time ago.

14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

Albacol

Audi told me the B8 should be here in Jan 13.
I doubt it will change B7 prices much to be honest, esp with no manual option.

Stickman

I think that the price point for the B8 is supposed to be slightly cheaper than the B7's new price point. I also don't see the B7 price dropping much based on the B8's arrival...secondary market for them is massive.
I like fast toys.

2016 Audi RS6 Performance
2007 Audi RS4

BB

If you can buy a B7 with 20kms on it for $74ono then is that not about as good as it can possibly get?
That is a hell of a lot of car for some quite reasonable money, you no longer need to be a lotto winner or multi millionaire to own one of these cars.

I just don't know where you guys find the places to actually drive these monsters without being either ticketed or being completely dangerous dickheads.......That's the problem I would have.
My neighbour brought home a supercharged V8 335kw Holden the other day and to be honest its just a stupid and childish car.
The RS4 has some pedigree over that of course but still......

Don't mind me though boys, I would have one if I could afford one no doubt :-X And a tyre fryer too......FTW (that's not "for the win" its the other one)
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

UKRSKiwi

Quote from: BB on July 08, 2012, 10:53:20 AM

I just don't know where you guys find the places to actually drive these monsters without being either ticketed or being completely dangerous dickheads.......That's the problem I would have.

Basically any windy road, these things eat corners and it's their forte. You don't need to drive fast or like a dangerous prick to enjoy them. The speed becomes irrelevant as they just keep pulling and pulling all the way to the limiter so you need the windy road to create more dynamic enjoyment.

Oh and track days for a yearly blowout.
B7 RS4
MRC Stage 2 map
MRC Stage 2 Induction Manifold
Milltek Exhaust and 100 Cell DP's
ITG Panel Filter
Short Shifter
CAF

450ps proven.