Best colour for a mk1

Started by .:Ross, June 17, 2012, 08:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.:Ross

Been thinking about getting the Mk1 sorted out over winter and my biggest decision is....what colour I want it to be. Its a faded shade of Mars red at the moment and I'm not 100% sure on respraying it in its original shade as the samples I've made up look to orange for my taste.

So after a beer the other day, conversation turned again to what colour I want to go when the big question reared its ugly head....whats the best colour on a Mk1?? So I thought why not ask everybody....

Whats your favourite colour on a Mk1??

00quattro00

Ill be repainting mine its original miami blue, its quite alot of work changing colors

Land Rover Discovery 300tdi
Land Rover 110 4bd1t

Is the Miami blue one on the left?? I like that alot actually, is it an original VW colour? I thought you sold all your Mk1's??  :laugh: :laugh:

00quattro00

Quote from: ScottishRoss on June 17, 2012, 09:06:22 PM
Is the Miami blue one on the left?? I like that alot actually, is it an original VW colour? I thought you sold all your Mk1's??  :laugh: :laugh:

yep original color, I only have the one golf, mk1 3door diesel
Land Rover 110 4bd1t

sifty

Miami Blue is one of my favorites and there are a couple of cool greens too. But changing colours is a bitch...

Mine is staying black.

Quote from: 00quattro00 on June 17, 2012, 09:09:09 PM
yep original color, I only have the one golf, mk1 3door diesel

Forgot you had the diesel one, you got any photos of it??
Have seen a few pastel blue mk1's over the years, never seen the Miami blue before. Real nice.

Quote from: sifty on June 17, 2012, 09:13:49 PM
Miami Blue is one of my favorites and there are a couple of cool greens too. But changing colours is a bitch...

Mine is staying black.

Have some useful friends when it comes to the paint work  ;) ;)

After a cheeky google search I've realised I have seen the colour before...just always thought it was a custom colour rather than a vw shade.

nacnud

Damn that Miami blue is nice!
Whatcha Think?
Flickr

1991 Jetta ABF

CGK

00quattro00

Quote from: ScottishRoss on June 17, 2012, 09:24:16 PM
Forgot you had the diesel one, you got any photos of it??
Have seen a few pastel blue mk1's over the years, never seen the Miami blue before. Real nice.

Have some useful friends when it comes to the paint work  ;) ;)

I do but it has been repainted an ugly shade of blue, currently getting stripped for body work and paint
Land Rover 110 4bd1t

dubsub

That blue looks great! ...
I was tempted to go to brown on my mk1 recently but never got round to it.

.. although my next project is going brown  ;D
My mechanic told me "I couldn't fix your brakes, so I made your horn louder".

RS ZWEI

1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

Fizz

Toby

Original all the way!!!! you know it is the best - if you must change it - Audi Atlas grey is pretty dope!!!  :)
.....the best way to spoil a good walk!!

spooln

Great range of colors used overseas. Maimi blue and flat green look good. What color is your interior as that should be a consideration.
77 CS1 Fiat Spider. 78 Mk1 Scirocco. 83 Mk1 GTI. 12 Abarth 595C Competizione. 18 Golf R. 20 Kodiaq vRS

Toby

Quote from: RS ZWEI on June 18, 2012, 09:33:27 AM
Mars red is where its at ;)

Listen to the people Ross..... Mars red is one of the coolest colours a Mk1 GTI came in...... and you have a red interior!!!

RS ZWEI

You woul were to ever resell the car you would get more money for it is its original hue.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

Toby

He is only allowed to sell it to me..... and I want it in original Mars Red!!! Hehehehe  ;D

We're not choosing a colour for my mk1, just wondering whats everybody's favourite....and yes Toby you have first refusal on the mk1....but paint might put you off  :P :P

dave

anyone happen to know the original yellow colour/code of mk1s,

like this one

No sure but have been reading through this for the last few days. Good info.

http://www.mk1vw.info/paint1.php