Best colour for a mk1

Started by .:Ross, June 17, 2012, 08:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

virus-zn

Quote from: spooln on February 21, 2015, 03:54:37 PM
So repaints underway

Virus nz.....painted, and in assembly

fitted up the brakes today and finally dropped it on it wheels after a good year... lol

M M

Pretty sure 00quattro00 scrapped his one.
Bought not built.

RS ZWEI

Quote from: spooln on February 21, 2015, 03:54:37 PM
So repaints underway

00quattro00 - Maimi Blue - no update
Sifty- Swartz Black - in progress
Redrabbit.....tba
Scottish Ross ...original red
Dave's caddy - body work

Anyone know the status of the mk1 jetta in a Northland?

00quattro00 is now Stance King I believe?

1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

spooln

So repaints underway

00quattro00 - 'Mk1 diesel reported as scrapped
Sifty- Swartz Black - in progress
Redrabbit.....tba
Scottish Ross ...original red
Dave's caddy - on hold

77 CS1 Fiat Spider. 78 Mk1 Scirocco. 83 Mk1 GTI. 12 Abarth 595C Competizione. 18 Golf R. 20 Kodiaq vRS

sifty

good progress today...  8)

spooln

I think this is maimi blue, which is darker than Lago blue. Something about low mk1s...

77 CS1 Fiat Spider. 78 Mk1 Scirocco. 83 Mk1 GTI. 12 Abarth 595C Competizione. 18 Golf R. 20 Kodiaq vRS

dave

Had the painter around today to look at the Jetta.  Originally wanted to go Porsche macadamia brown, but I think it will look a bit odd with the jettas blue interior. What are some nice colours that will go with dark blue interior? Preferably darker colours?

00quattro00

My merc has blue interior. Will be painting it a dark grey metallic
Land Rover Discovery 300tdi
Land Rover 110 4bd1t

sifty

Quote from: dave on September 19, 2015, 05:53:36 PM
Had the painter around today to look at the Jetta.  Originally wanted to go Porsche macadamia brown, but I think it will look a bit odd with the jettas blue interior. What are some nice colours that will go with dark blue interior? Preferably darker colours?

Porsche brown would look awesome, but you're right it probably won't work with the blue interior.

What was the factory colour?
Personally, I'd love a white one.

dave

Yea I had thought about painting interior. But they always end up looking like ass in a few years.

dave

It was originally silver. Which for me is to bland. I'd love to do it a dark brown if I could find some matching interior? Or even a dark blue to match the blue. But I can't find any I like

sifty

So if you want to keep blue interior, and you don't want anything too freakish and you want a dark colour, I guess you have - Blue, Black and Grey to choose from.

Have you got a photo of the interior? 

Actually if you like Porsche brown, then how about some of the Porsche dark purples? I've seen a few purple and burgundy Porkers with blue interiors.

sifty

Like this colour, it's sort of purplish/reddish brown:

spooln

Options Dave, white, silver or Blue Oceanic Metallic perhaps...? Or you could get your dash and door cards re skinned to match brown?

dave

Yea not a fan of
Light colours. I do like that Porsche colour but I already have 3 purple cars so may be a bit strange if I had another. Any nice dark greens? Maybe

spooln

More Lago blue. Could be a good option for the Jetta, and keep the blue interior?

Vs maimi blue

schattenblau

both blues look nice.

love the steelies on the miami blue car.

M M

I still reckon viper green metallic wins hands down.

Bought not built.

dave

I've been liking mk6 toffee brown lately

dave