A few glitches with my C4 100

Started by zeitgeist, July 17, 2012, 10:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zeitgeist

Hi guys

I have an Audi 100 1994 that has a few things which have me stumped:

• Instrument cluster lights do not work (the bulbs are fine) nor to climate control lights. All other vehicle electrics work fine and as the should. I read somewhere a mention of ignition switches; mine certainly does have unusual acc/on/start graduations- might this be the culprit? It doesn't click positively into each one.
  • Central locking all works except when unlocking with the key from the drivers door, it does not unlock all the other doors nor disable the immobiliser. The switch on the lock is fine and tested, as is all the wiring in the driver's door.

Any clues on these?

Cheers

UrS6 6 speed

Andy_007

There is a adjustment for the dash lights, most left knob on the instrument cluster , turn to the right to brighten the lights. May be turned all the way down.
2007 Audii A4 Quattro 3.0TDI

zeitgeist

Hmm no the problem is deeper. Naturally the fuse is O.K but something in the circuit that lights the instruments, cigarette lighter, and  climate control lighting is shot.
UrS6 6 speed

Lomax

do you have an aftermarket radio? sounds to me like somebody could have shorted the light circuit through the wire that lights up the original radio, maybe its still connected to something
1994 Audi UrS6 6-speed manual
2002 Audi Allroad 2.7T
1990 Mk2 Golf, 1994 UrS4, 1990 Audi 80 2.0E Manual, 1990 Audi 80 2.0E donor, 1991 Audi 90 2.3E, 1985 Toyota Corona

zeitgeist

aftermarket yes, but there is a serious bunch of wires going into it, unsure if I'm keen on fiddling with every one, and if one of them IS the wire or wires, what should be done with them?

UrS6 6 speed

Lomax

I just cut mine and taped it so it cant touch anything. My guess is that your one might be connected to something. The wire should be gray with blue line.

http://www.isham-research.co.uk/quattro/wiring/Audi200/aktivradio02.jpg  its the wire going form "E20"
1994 Audi UrS6 6-speed manual
2002 Audi Allroad 2.7T
1990 Mk2 Golf, 1994 UrS4, 1990 Audi 80 2.0E Manual, 1990 Audi 80 2.0E donor, 1991 Audi 90 2.3E, 1985 Toyota Corona

zeitgeist

Excellent thanks I'll be onto that :)

Mind you, top of my mind at the moment is the vibrations in 3rd/4th gear about 300km since the trans flush! :S (AAN engine, anybody?)
UrS6 6 speed

zeitgeist

No problems with the stereo wiring. I put power to the 2 dimmer terminals and no lighting still, so the fault must be on a circuit board somewhere.

Too much hassle for an old car. (I can see myself saying that a lot soon!)
UrS6 6 speed

BB

Euroline will fix it.
See your other post I have commented there also.
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

zeitgeist

Central locking fixed, broken wire within hidden behind door part, tape- wrapped section. Double pulse locking sucks though!
UrS6 6 speed