Mk2 Digi2 9a

Started by RevHappy, September 14, 2012, 12:03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnp

Quote from: BB on September 16, 2012, 08:13:25 PM
It sounds like there are special 9a chips for the digi2 ECU you will have to shop around and ask and they will cost a bit and need to be put in by somebody who knows what they are doing.

Or do what JohnP has said.....which is what?

Can't say. ;)

00quattro00

It sounds like there are special 9a chips for the digi2 ECU you will have to shop around and ask and they will cost a bit and need to be put in by somebody who knows what they are doing.

Buy his setup off him?
Land Rover Discovery 300tdi
Land Rover 110 4bd1t

watercooled

There not hard to fit,common sense applied ,careful work and an anti-static wrist strap all good.
1974 Porsche 914 with 2.2T 911 6cyl,
Audi a6 allroad 2007 3.0TDI stage 1 reflash ,
89 Corrado 2.0 16v, Stilauto RX 17in wheels,ABF on k/jet ,resto underway maybe up for sale ?,
2002 T4 transporter 2.5 TDI.

RevHappy

Quote from: watercooled on September 16, 2012, 09:15:45 PM
There not hard to fit,common sense applied ,careful work and an anti-static wrist strap all good.

I put in my eprom about 2 years ago. so this will be the same.
CURRENT: Mk2 Golf - 1.8t, Coil overs, Passat leather, 16x8, Daily Driven

GONE: Mk2 Jetta - Big Bumpers, Big Windows, Lowered, 15X6 Alloys, and MK1 Suzuki Cultus Gti G13b rally cams, bilstein shocks and springs, momo 14X7 alloys

deedub

Will sorry I couldn't make it on Sunday. I have a BBM fuel rail with the parts I have for you. You can use digifant injectors with it.
1983 T25 Microbus - keep forever, never finish
1988 mk2 Golf 2L 16v - work in progress

RevHappy

Away sweet when can you make it? When are you heading away?

GONE: Mk2 Jetta - Big Bumpers, Big Windows, Lowered, 15X6 Alloys, and MK1 Suzuki Cultus Gti G13b rally cams, bilstein shocks and springs, momo 14X7 alloys

RevHappy

bit of a update. Have ordered all the parts i need. Chip arrived yesterday :), will be pulling the motor over the next few weeks and my painter is gonna come paint the bay once its all cleaned. Just have leads left that i need to get. Also have a big question for you tech wizz's. What size wheel bearings go into the passat GT hubs? gonna put the big brakes on when i put it all back together and want new bearings, but dont have vernier calipers

00quattro00

75mm for the wheel bearings I believe,
Land Rover Discovery 300tdi
Land Rover 110 4bd1t

RevHappy

RevHappy

Now that all the parts are on there way except the leads, i started on stripping the front yesterday. only got a hour and a half in on it but still happy with the effort on it. if i get time today might get the motor all the way out.

RevHappy

Got the rest of the motor out today

BB

Ive got something that resembles that at my place.
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

RevHappy

its feels good starting on it but i hope i keep it up

BB

Its a shame that pulling them all apart is the easy bit :P

RevHappy

yea but the joy of driving it is the fun part

BB

Well yea, so you better do the hard part which is making it go again so you can do the fun part ;)

RevHappy

Yup engine bay is being painted today

watercooled

Why the full front off?,did my transplant with the front on and found the bumper a nice place to part my butt ;D ;D ;D painting  ??? ??? anyway its up to you.
As Jem say's just get the car running and enjoy ,great to see another mk2 getting up and happening.
Love those steelies didn't you have cups on before that?
1974 Porsche 914 with 2.2T 911 6cyl,
Audi a6 allroad 2007 3.0TDI stage 1 reflash ,
89 Corrado 2.0 16v, Stilauto RX 17in wheels,ABF on k/jet ,resto underway maybe up for sale ?,
2002 T4 transporter 2.5 TDI.

RevHappy

Pulled the front off cause didn't have a Crane and guards off cause inner guards are getting chip guard blacked. I used to hacker abt 16x7 but they where too big so swapped them

BB

Takes an hour to pull the front off makes for an easy job.