Airbox-->Cone

Started by MRVR6, January 28, 2005, 09:09:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grecian

Just wondering, how much difference does a replacement panel in the airbox make vs the standard paper filter

RS ZWEI

Quote from: Grecian on February 18, 2005, 02:53:43 PM
Just wondering, how much difference does a replacement panel in the airbox make vs the standard paper filter

Well a K&N is meant to last a lifetime, so out live your car. Also it is mean to have better flow. N/A cars are meant to gain 1 to 2 BHP but all I found was that the pickup was a little better.
Oh and I havent had power readings on my car.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

mk3 gti

The K&N air filter in the air box is my next dyno run will let you know how I get on once it arrives
from the states

My dyno run files are to bog and I cant resize them to post will have to do it at work in the weekend

orggti

Quote from: MRVR6 on February 18, 2005, 01:35:22 PM
could it be that since it colder, it is denser and therefore more O2?
Yes i understand that im just wondering if maybe warmer air makes them more fuel efficent or smoother running. Cold air is more dense and therefore has more O2 but thats not what im asking. cheers tho  :)

mk3 gti

here are the dyno runs

The peek power on the second run 102kw@ the wheels ( About 124kw@ fly wheel) was with the cone filter
the other run 100Kw@ wheels   (About 100Kw@fly wheel) was the standard air filter and air box etc

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]