BMW M135i v Audi RS3: Road, Track, Drag-race. - CHRIS HARRIS ON CARS

Started by schattenblau, October 18, 2012, 05:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RS ZWEI

I wasnt going to put that up, it will have all the RS3 fan boys crying.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

00quattro00

I hope they sell alot of rs3's, need something with a decent engine for future donors
Land Rover Discovery 300tdi
Land Rover 110 4bd1t

M3_Power

I love Chris Harris's videos and reviews, but that was honestly the most biased load of bollocks that's ever come from him - and this is from a BMW owner and enthusiast.

Much like his biased view on the actual performance figures, I'd rather be seen in the RS3 over the ugly fugly new 1 series .... (vomit)

rant done  :P

ritmo

I reckon the 1 series looks cool. Each to their own I guess.

M

I am VAG through and through and have never sat in a 1 Series let alone driven a 135 but I agree with everything he said about the RS3. Driven 2 now, one a customers so no play time, other a demo and the only thing that impressed me was the engine and brakes. Rest was very bland and NOT deserving of the RS badge. TTRS was a better drive however.

Find it amazing the BM is 10kBBP cheaper!!
Too much power is almost enough.

RobClubley

Maybe you need to buy the Audi and then spend another 10k on mods to make it as good as the Beemer?
1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

brian

I think these kinds of comparasions are not entirely reflective of the everyday driver.
A lot, if not all of them, Top Gear in particular, base the assesment on tail sliding around a deserted airfield and declare how much fun this particular car is.
Thing is, how many buyers are doing this or even contemplating doing it. For most of us, tail sliding around the roads is a distant memory of the  halcyon past .
What is relevant, is how does it handle everyday use and how safe does it 'feel' to the average Joe Blow not experienced race driver even if it is a performance orientated vehicle, as we all know, anyone with the cash can buy whatever they like and driving skill does not enter into it
Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

S1

shows how Audi are missing the mark with the current RS models , though BMW have had some M failures also
whats broken this week , hold on ill get my wallet

le mans

The B8 RS4 is stacking up quite well in the press. The RS3 is looking a bit below par as far as driving dynamics go though. I think Chris was genuinely frustrated with it. Should still be a good all weather point and shoot vehicle though and they do look the business.

schattenblau

RS6, TT-RS, RS5 etc.
There have been more RS misses than hits.

Ditto recent M-cars have been not so gradually diluting the brand.

That leaves AMG...

;D

beeker

Quote from: schattenblau on October 19, 2012, 07:18:01 PM
RS6, TT-RS, RS5 etc.
There have been more RS misses than hits.

Ditto recent M-cars have been not so gradually diluting the brand.

That leaves AMG...

;D

AMD keep producing ridiculous, tractionless, over powered cars, which threaten to kill you with any WOT, that I'm getting more and more tempted to buy! eg c63
just please please fix the interiors.
14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

Aidan

I really rate the M125 over the MK6 GTI, and I'll grab a drive if the M135 as soon as it's available in NZ. The 8 speed is simply remarkable, and for a slushy, is right on it with the DSG.

With this said, the Beemer is in a new chassis, and really is an unfair comparison between both the MK6 and RS3.
Das Auto(s): 2007 MKV GTI Manual and a random Beemer

schattenblau

Quote from: beeker on October 19, 2012, 07:38:57 PM
AMD keep producing ridiculous, tractionless, over powered cars, which threaten to kill you with any WOT, that I'm getting more and more tempted to buy! eg c63
just please please fix the interiors.

Be careful what you wish for !

Latest revised C63 interior is not what I would call an improvement.

I liked the simpler, cleaner looking original interior.

Watchout for an AMG version of the new MB A-class.

It should shake up the hot hatch market.

;D

Stickman

M135 clearly a winner. Styling ain't great though really IMO. I like the M1 Coupe...but it just looks like a hair dressers car...and then I keep asking myself why, for similar money, if one was wanting to go BMW, they would look at an M1 over an M3 at the same coin? I would rather have  this ( http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/m3/auction-478424327.htm ) any day of the week.
I like fast toys.

2016 Audi RS6 Performance
2007 Audi RS4

schattenblau

M3_Power

^ Own one for any long length of time and you'll start to hate the car ... I did haha ...

That and everytime you go and fill it up and realising that you can only ever get less than 300km to a tank (driving it easy) .... hate it even more when you take it to the track and it'll do no more than 120km before you run of the petrol. Then the last draw comes when you go to try and sell it and realise that nobody wants to buy one and no dealer wants to take it in as a trade and you spend a good 8 months trying to find someone that will take the car at a significant discount.

Every owner I've known that have owned one have regretted it in the end ...

beeker

Quote from: M3_Power on October 24, 2012, 01:50:20 PM
^ Own one for any long length of time and you'll start to hate the car ... I did haha ...

That and everytime you go and fill it up and realising that you can only ever get less than 300km to a tank (driving it easy) .... hate it even more when you take it to the track and it'll do no more than 120km before you run of the petrol. Then the last draw comes when you go to try and sell it and realise that nobody wants to buy one and no dealer wants to take it in as a trade and you spend a good 8 months trying to find someone that will take the car at a significant discount.

Every owner I've known that have owned one have regretted it in the end ...

I would still buy a 4 door M3, especially over the coupe. Love the custom orange one floating around auckland.
English imports are hammering the pricing right now, not to mention less punters with the economy as it is.

14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

Stickman

Quote from: beeker on October 24, 2012, 05:18:43 PM
I would still buy a 4 door M3, especially over the coupe. Love the custom orange one floating around auckland.
English imports are hammering the pricing right now, not to mention less punters with the economy as it is.

That orange one is very, very nice.
I like fast toys.

2016 Audi RS6 Performance
2007 Audi RS4