BMW M135i v Audi RS3: Road, Track, Drag-race. - CHRIS HARRIS ON CARS

Started by schattenblau, October 18, 2012, 05:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stickman

Quote from: M3_Power on October 24, 2012, 01:50:20 PM
^ Own one for any long length of time and you'll start to hate the car ... I did haha ...

That and everytime you go and fill it up and realising that you can only ever get less than 300km to a tank (driving it easy) .... hate it even more when you take it to the track and it'll do no more than 120km before you run of the petrol. Then the last draw comes when you go to try and sell it and realise that nobody wants to buy one and no dealer wants to take it in as a trade and you spend a good 8 months trying to find someone that will take the car at a significant discount.

Every owner I've known that have owned one have regretted it in the end ...

Only 300kms per tank of fuel??? on what size tank...because if it is a 60 ltr tank, that is atrocious fuel economy.
I like fast toys.

2016 Audi RS6 Performance
2007 Audi RS4

schattenblau

Why does the 4-dr cause so much grief ?

Everything points to a fine car, especially in value-for-money, a rarity from BMW.

M3_Power

Quote from: Stickman on October 24, 2012, 09:44:42 PM
Only 300kms per tank of fuel??? on what size tank...because if it is a 60 ltr tank, that is atrocious fuel economy.

Correct, and it's a 60 litre tank. And that figure is driving it really REALLY economically on the throttle. Put your foot down every now and then and you'd be bloody lucky to get more than 260km to a tank ... It is ridiculously thirsty.

Bottom line ... DON'T BUY ONE (unless you own a petrol station haha) ... The novelty of the V8 wears off really quickly and you start longing for that screaming inline 6 that BMW's so good at producing.

It'd probably be more economical if you can take 400kg out of the thing ... the combination of weight and non-direct injection V8 kills any sort of fuel economy.

All lies when BMW marketed the car as more economical than the old S54B32 inline 6 ... loads of bollocks ... I easily get 10.9l/100km in the CSL driving it around slowly ... put my foot down and it's around 11.6l/100km ....

beeker

Quote from: M3_Power on October 25, 2012, 03:24:17 PM
Correct, and it's a 60 litre tank. And that figure is driving it really REALLY economically on the throttle. Put your foot down every now and then and you'd be bloody lucky to get more than 260km to a tank ... It is ridiculously thirsty.

Bottom line ... DON'T BUY ONE (unless you own a petrol station haha) ... The novelty of the V8 wears off really quickly and you start longing for that screaming inline 6 that BMW's so good at producing.

It'd probably be more economical if you can take 400kg out of the thing ... the combination of weight and non-direct injection V8 kills any sort of fuel economy.

All lies when BMW marketed the car as more economical than the old S54B32 inline 6 ... loads of bollocks ... I easily get 10.9l/100km in the CSL driving it around slowly ... put my foot down and it's around 11.6l/100km ....

For the short time that i had a E46 M3, i was surprised by its mid range torque. Quiet a nice engine.

14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback