Project Car: 1994 Audi S2 Sedan

Started by Number21, October 17, 2012, 01:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Number21

Thanks for all the info!

Yeah a b5 sport wheel will fit. I think the urS6 wheel too but probably easier to get one off a b5.

I'll replace the dv anyway then. Sounds like an s3 one will work?

As for the dents, one has broken the paint. The paint is pretty good apart from roof/bonnet, so shame about the broken paint on the rear quarter. Shouldn't be too difficult for a panel shop though.

RS ZWEI

Quote from: Number21 on November 06, 2012, 08:04:21 PM
Thanks for all the info!

Yeah a b5 sport wheel will fit. I think the urS6 wheel too but probably easier to get one off a b5.

I'll replace the dv anyway then. Sounds like an s3 one will work?

As for the dents, one has broken the paint. The paint is pretty good apart from roof/bonnet, so shame about the broken paint on the rear quarter. Shouldn't be too difficult for a panel shop though.

I have an S3/TT one on my car. Lots have on the S2 Forum, cheaper than a S2 or RS2 one as well.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

00quattro00

Quote from: RS ZWEI on November 06, 2012, 07:54:00 PM
Fans only work on full (but air con and heater seem fine): Something is the fan box is burnt out. I think the whole fan box needs replacing. No the resistor is removeable

3-spoke sports wheel... anyone have one with airbag? I think an early B5 A4 Sport wheel will fit, or an urS6 wheel. Someone else might be able to confirm?Correct

Front door cards recovered and passenger handle fixed: It looks like the leather is OK? Just needs to be stuck back down?Yep just clean off the old crap and re foam and glue back down

Small dents on both rear quarter panels: Just get the likes of Mr Dent to sort that out, they do some amazing work.

No boost. My guess is the intercooler but I'll be pulling stuff apart tonight/tomorrow if I get a chance: "O" ring in the intercooler? Or a shot DV? Id replace the DV anyway.

Not sure about the cambelt, the last service record for it has faded, I'd say the dealer would have done it at 195,000km: Are you going to get the parts from the US? Should be the same as a AAN (S4/S6 engine) which they had in the US. Again, double check. The aby, adu, aan and 3b all use the same belts and gaskets

It seems to operate at normal temperature on the gauge, but as soon as you open the bonnet you get blasted by a heat wave. I've never had a car which is so hot in the engine bay... any other 20v owners noticed this?  Yip, pretty hot under the RS2's engine bay.yep standard for a turbo audi, my mates ur bonnet steams when its raining
Land Rover Discovery 300tdi
Land Rover 110 4bd1t

RS ZWEI

Quote from: 00quattro00 on November 06, 2012, 09:57:28 PM

Fans only work on full (but air con and heater seem fine): Something is the fan box is burnt out. I think the whole fan box needs replacing. No the resistor is removeable

I need a resistor because my fan only works on high as well. How easy is it to change?
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

00quattro00

Quote from: RS ZWEI on November 06, 2012, 10:01:05 PM
I need a resistor because my fan only works on high as well. How easy is it to change?

i have a heater box out atm, come have a look at it, will be at the shed tomorrow night, just flick me a txt
Land Rover 110 4bd1t

RS ZWEI

Quote from: 00quattro00 on November 06, 2012, 10:02:37 PM
i have a heater box out atm, come have a look at it, will be at the shed tomorrow night, just flick me a txt

I would but I have to go out tomorrow night.
So you have to take the heater box out to replace the resistor? Does that involve taking part of the dash out? Any change you can take a pic?
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

00quattro00

Quote from: RS ZWEI on November 06, 2012, 10:35:50 PM
I would but I have to go out tomorrow night.
So you have to take the heater box out to replace the resistor? Does that involve taking part of the dash out? Any change you can take a pic?

I dont think you need to take it out, maybe just the glove box, its out because the avant is gutted atm,
Land Rover 110 4bd1t

BB

Excellent car 21.
I'm interested!
If you want me to send you my crank tool so you can undo the crank bolt to do the cambelt I will tho it is a bit of a beast of a thing.
Also if you want the turbo cleaned up for a good price I can get my mate to do it hes very good.
Do the fuel filter.
And you do get a bit of a blast of heat from the turbo when you open the bonnet but just feel the top and bottom water hoses to make sure they are not insanely hot.
Make sure you have the correct genuine spark plugs in it and keep them in good condition.
If it develops a miss at all, you first swap plugs around, then if it stays in the same place you swap the POS (power output stages) on the firewall over and if the miss moves place (pulling of the injector plugs to check) then it is the POS. Just replaced one on Spinners car.
Hes on 370kms now 8) Auto too so they are a bloody good car.
I really like his S6 wagon, fantastic light steering and such nice seats.
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

slowburn

+ 1 million on the fuel filter call.....
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

Filx

FAIL - First Attempt In Learning

Number21

Cheers BB! Righto, I'm compiling a list of stuff to order. Will replace the fuel filter, DV, plugs... possibly the N75 as well. Does anyone know the part number for the HT leads? Can't find them for some reason.

Filx, wheels look mint. Would you have any suitable tires? Car is on 205/55 profile tyres on 16'' wheels, but obviously they are not 8.5 inches wide.

RS ZWEI

Quote from: Number21 on November 07, 2012, 12:01:20 PM
Cheers BB! Righto, I'm compiling a list of stuff to order. Will replace the fuel filter, DV, plugs... possibly the N75 as well. Does anyone know the part number for the HT leads? Can't find them for some reason.

Filx, wheels look mint. Would you have any suitable tires? Car is on 205/55 profile tyres on 16'' wheels, but obviously they are not 8.5 inches wide.

It has coil packs.
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

RS ZWEI

Also, how did you get on last night trying to find the boost leak.
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

Number21

Quote from: RS ZWEI on November 07, 2012, 01:00:13 PM
It has coil packs.

Ah yes it does. ABY.  ::)

Ended up helping my mate with his house moving, so didn't get very far with it at all.

Filx

Quote from: Number21 on November 07, 2012, 12:01:20 PM

They are 8"s, your current 205s will sit on there perfectly with a square sidewall. Pm me if you're interested and we'll work something out.  8)
FAIL - First Attempt In Learning

BB

RS ZWEI

Id also get a couple of pairs of top mounts if you are importing stuff. You will go through them.
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

wilco

I have a bunch of 034 street density top mounts available if you want to go that way.  I bought a bag of them a while ago and have 6 left.
They're difficult to compare to oem mounts as generally what they replace is rubbish so it's always a great improvement.
The last lot I used on the white Cq I swapped with Filx.  It certainly was tight and direct.
PM me if interested....

SimonS2

Quote from: 00quattro00 on November 06, 2012, 10:41:02 PM
I dont think you need to take it out, maybe just the glove box, its out because the avant is gutted atm,
my S2 has the same problem, fan only runs on full. If anyone can explain a fix it would save a lot of messing about for a few of us here.

Thanks

BB

Sounds like most of what you need to know is there, but I agree not a definite answer :P
Is there a link you can point them too on the Audi forums Basil?