Anyone travelling from Auckland to Hamilton this Saturday - Mission Successful

Started by .:Ross, November 07, 2012, 06:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.:Ross

Is anybody driving down to Hamilton from Auckland on Saturday afternoon, the 10th?? Need to go pick up another VW, had planned on taking bus but Mrs talked me out of it, now her plans fallen through and all the buses in afternoon are booked, gutted. Fly in to Auckland around 1pm. On a mission to get back down to Queenstown for Sunday night so on abit of a time limit  ;D ;D

Otherwise will have to put the roadtrip on hold for another week or two!!

Cheers

sifty

If you end up making it another weekend I might be able to help out, but this weekend I'm all tied up at the Big Boys Toys.

Whatchabuying?

CBRT

2013 MK7 GTI
2003 Audi RS6 Avant

Yeah going to pick up the Corrado which I believe is with you Chris. Still trying to sort a plan of getting down to you at moment. Car rentals crazy one way and have missed the busses that leave in afternoon. May have to come up with another plan for a later date. Will PM you tonight and let you know.

Cheers

00quattro00

Should have done it last weekend, I could have picked you up and dropped you off on my way back home
Land Rover Discovery 300tdi
Land Rover 110 4bd1t

It's been on the cards for the last 3 weekends but something always happens and I have to change my plans....ah well

CBRT

Quote from: ScottishRoss on November 08, 2012, 05:22:29 PM
Yeah going to pick up the Corrado which I believe is with you Chris. Still trying to sort a plan of getting down to you at moment. Car rentals crazy one way and have missed the busses that leave in afternoon. May have to come up with another plan for a later date. Will PM you tonight and let you know.

Cheers

No worries shame you can't wait as I need to come down soon...... You know why  :) ;)
2013 MK7 GTI
2003 Audi RS6 Avant

SOFTLAD

I could have a run down on Sunday if you want mate, Have a beer with Chris and catch up if you wnt to pay for fuel
PM me

deedub

Quote from: SOFTLAD on November 08, 2012, 09:44:23 PM
I could have a run down on Sunday if you want mate, Have a beer with Chris and catch up if you wnt to pay for fuel
PM me

It's posts like these that remind you that VASK is a pretty cool place.
1983 T25 Microbus - keep forever, never finish
1988 mk2 Golf 2L 16v - work in progress

CBRT

Sunday is not great for me- Remembrance Sunday - I'm normally upside down by 1500hrs  ;D
2013 MK7 GTI
2003 Audi RS6 Avant

SOFTLAD

CBRT

2013 MK7 GTI
2003 Audi RS6 Avant

CBRT

2013 MK7 GTI
2003 Audi RS6 Avant

SOFTLAD

It was a good afternoon mate and good to initially meet Ross & Tracy and talk on the way down to your's.
The Corrado looked very cool in the rear view mirror on the way to the petrol station

Just want to say a big thanks to CBRT and Softlad. Paul went well out of his way to drive Tracey and myself down from Auckland, any time your down this way let me know, hopefully repay the favour.

Was abit of a mission getting her started, the Corrado not Tracey, but made it all the way back to Queenstown issue free. Had some interesting moments along the way, no way to defog the window when we hit the storm from CHCH all the way back to Queenstown was "eventful". Had a rag in my hand and kept making a little porthole shape on the windscreen to see where I was going.....made me laugh all the way until i almost hit a stag that jumped out in front of me nearing Queenstown, he would have made a mess of the Rado!!! Although I've decided he saw me coming, realised it was a VW and wanted to check it out better  ::) ::)

Was a quality drive down none the less, wont do it again for a while though, haha. Again cheers boys and when your down in Queenstown hit me up for a beer.......