Mk4's in Sydney

Started by 3DrMk4, March 28, 2006, 05:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3DrMk4

Hey everyone,

I arrived in beautiful Sydney this morning for a week of rest, relaxation and perving (oh, and some work if I can squeeze it in).  The whole trip was originally based around the U2 concert here but that's all gone out the window for now. Gotta love those non refundable Freedom Air tickets.

Anyway, I've been here less than 24 hours and I can't believe how many Mk4's there are here - They are literally everywhere. I stood outside the mall at Bondi Junction for 10 mins before and counted 26 of them drive past. A mate of mine here who used to work for a VW dealership tells me they are Sydney's answer to the Corolla - everyone has one or know's someone who does. Not a lot of GTI's but I've seen quite a few 2.0 petrols and 4motions today.

No sign of any 3 doors yet but will keep looking.

1.8t

I always thought Air NZ did end up refunding those flights? Maybe not the ones to Aus.

There are plenty of mk4s in Auckland too, noticing more GTIs too. Its rare to see the rare NZ new one though.
Dudlee the 86 318i
Past.. 95 328i M Coupe, 97 Pug 306, 97 Vento

old4130

When last in Sydney I noticed a huge increase in the number of euros...
& yes lots of Mk4's, but not many GTI's

Saw quite a few SEAT's too.. which is always nice  ;D

Mind Auckland is a bit the same, saw a new shape S Class Benz today.. very nice barge
2005 Audi A4 1.8tq S line
1997 VW Golf GTI 16v
2011 Keeway Matrix
1987 Honda Beat FC 50 ~ 50cc of Fury

2000 SEAT Cordoba SXE ~ Her Car - Sold
2004 Subaru Forester XT 2.5 Limited ~ Her Car