2008 GTI Cup Edition

Started by VAGHAG, November 24, 2012, 07:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dubstar

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

GLIDN

well this is an easy way to tell, compare the MK5 312mm setup brake clearance to the polo cup edition gap. the polo really does look like it's only 288mm

This is by no means an absolute science, only reference. But if someone can get me a cup edition, chassis number I can confirm what size the brakes are.

Polo

GOLF

Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

VAGHAG

I will try and get you that chassis number tomorrow. Cheers
MY98 Seat Ibiza Cupra Sport 2.0 16v
MY01 Seat Ibiza Cupra 1.8 20v Turbo
MY05 VW Polo Gti 1.8 20v Turbo
MY05 VW Golf Gti 2.0 TFSI
MY09 VW Golf Gti Pirelli Edition 2.0 TFSI

VAGHAG

My understanding is the cup comes with front 312mm discs so the parts are the same as the TT etc

I found some discs on ebay and ebay usa.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Brembo-Brake-Discs-VW-POLO-1-8-GTi-Cup-Edition-01-/330568467930?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cf76a85da

Looks like the ones.

VAGHAG

Complete change of plan today, cancelled the cup edition, k's were too high and the dealer was a twat, cam belt had never been done at 157 k's and the dealer refused to do it. Time to walk away, bought a 3 door red gti polo instead 84 k's on it full leather full history one owner, pick her up on the weekend, anyone got any thoughts on super chips and bluefin ? Gotta get that bhp back up to cup edition 180 standards.:)

Fizz

Congrats on the purchase :) Superchips have a very good rep. You shouldn't be disappointed. For the Money you could also look at APR i think the 2 are roughly the same price for the map *could be wrong* also another good well known company. Have a chat to polo_GTI he's used Superchips Bluefin and has a pretty quick Polo GTI.

VAGHAG

Quote from: Fizz on November 30, 2012, 08:03:37 AM
Congrats on the purchase :) Superchips have a very good rep. You shouldn't be disappointed. For the Money you could also look at APR i think the 2 are roughly the same price for the map *could be wrong* also another good well known company. Have a chat to polo_GTI he's used Superchips Bluefin and has a pretty quick Polo GTI.

Awesome thanks Fizz I will do that. Cheers

CBRT

Go APR, bluefin is ok but APR has more options down the line and you can have multiple maps etc (Valet, 95, 98ron etc)
2013 MK7 GTI
2003 Audi RS6 Avant

zyeffur

polo_GTI

I have Revo stage 2 for Polo GTI. Now cat less and full exhaust done its an absolute go kart. Fuel economy is still reasonable too. It's an aggressive tune but I love it.

Bluefin stage 1 on Golf GTI. Very smooth tune quoted 40-45hp gain so must be sitting around 240hp.

I think you made a right call on a nice one with less mileage and leather interior! Congrats!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

NZ '06 Polo GTI 9n3 REVO Stage2 / H&R springs / Whiteline adjustable sway bars / EBC / SS brake lines / APR mount / Uprated bushes / Forge DV / 3" Downpipe / ECS flywheel / 4barFR / Seat intake / K&N / Forge strut
NZ '06 Golf GTI DSG, Xenon, Leather, Reverse sensor / Bluefin Stage 1

VAGHAG

Picked her up this afternoon from Eurocity VAG dealer in Napier, can I just say this firstly a huge thank you to Dwayne the sales manager their, how bloody nice, friendly, accommodating, negotiable down right human he was, I can't recommend him enough, the car was perfect as he described it was even fully polished and with a full tank to get me back to Auckland he even picked me and my mrs up from the bus stop in Napier , but as for the Auckland car yards I visited especially a certain one with a cup edition shame on you all !!! you clearly think that selling me a car is some how doing me a favour or that somehow I owe you my money your service attitude and inability to even pretend to be human left me more than a little disappointed. Anyway bitching over with,  the car is really lovely with leather, 3 door ( just like in pom land) sunroof, cruise control, fuel computer I think I have died and gone to VAG heaven.
Also would like to say a big thank you to the members in here for all the  good advice and also the guys at platinum vw, cheers.

Well let the tinkering begin. APR here I come !!!

Poonmobile

She's a beaut! Congrats on the purchase too. We look forward to seeing it at a meet sometime!
Current:
06 NZ B7 RS4 Avus Silver, 01 NZ B5 RS4 Avus Silver, 93 NZ VR6 Tornado Red 3dr, Renault Clio 172 & Renault Clio 197
Past:
MK2 VR6, MK5 GTI, 2 x MK5 R32, 8L S3 Imola, MK4 Golf V6 4MO, Polo GTI, 2x MK3 VR6, D2 S8, B5 S4 Avant, 03 NZ R32 Deep Blue Pearl, Renault Megane R26 liquid yello

RS ZWEI

Quote from: VAGHAG on December 02, 2012, 03:51:26 AM
Picked her up this afternoon from Eurocity VAG dealer in Napier, can I just say this firstly a huge thank you to Dwayne the sales manager their, how bloody nice, friendly, accommodating, negotiable down right human he was, I can't recommend him enough, the car was perfect as he described it was even fully polished and with a full tank to get me back to Auckland he even picked me and my mrs up from the bus stop in Napier , but as for the Auckland car yards I visited especially a certain one with a cup edition shame on you all !!! you clearly think that selling me a car is some how doing me a favour or that somehow I owe you my money your service attitude and inability to even pretend to be human left me more than a little disappointed. Anyway bitching over with,  the car is really lovely with leather, 3 door ( just like in pom land) sunroof, cruise control, fuel computer I think I have died and gone to VAG heaven.
Also would like to say a big thank you to the members in here for all the  good advice and also the guys at platinum vw, cheers.

Well let the tinkering begin. APR here I come !!!

Dwayne is a pretty good guy.
Less well known is that he raced at Bathurst in the 1997 2.0 race.
Check him out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfJ7oONUH9c (7.52 onwards). Well worth the look.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

polo_GTI

Great! Nice looking car with full options! I do like the leather! Did an Australian owner bring it in when moving to Nz?
NZ '06 Polo GTI 9n3 REVO Stage2 / H&R springs / Whiteline adjustable sway bars / EBC / SS brake lines / APR mount / Uprated bushes / Forge DV / 3" Downpipe / ECS flywheel / 4barFR / Seat intake / K&N / Forge strut
NZ '06 Golf GTI DSG, Xenon, Leather, Reverse sensor / Bluefin Stage 1

Fizz

Nice! Full optioned polo, not 2 many of these around. Good buy, nice colour 2 ;)

VAGHAG

Quote from: polo_GTI on December 02, 2012, 01:56:01 PM
Great! Nice looking car with full options! I do like the leather! Did an Australian owner bring it in when moving to Nz?

VW brought it over as a display car from VW Aus. :)

Fizz

Quote from: VAGHAG on December 02, 2012, 11:09:06 PM
VW brought it over as a display car from VW Aus. :)

That explains it then  ;D

Long Black

Nice car.....another member confirming my historical and current thoughts on dealership d^*#heads...what is with the attitude? Must be a serious case of over use of hair gel and aftershave seeping into the bloodstream and working its way to the small brain at the top. Back to the car...love Polo's and red suits well...have fun!
1999 B5 VW Passat V6 Syncro Wagon - Black...gone
2007 B7 Audi A4 S-line Avant Quattro 2.0T - Black...gone
2011 B8 Audi A4 S-line Avant Quattro 2.0T - White..Gone
2008 Mk5 VW Golf GTI - Black
2012 B8 Audi S4 Avant - Brilliant Red

VAGHAG

Quote from: RS ZWEI on December 02, 2012, 09:36:54 AM
Dwayne is a pretty good guy.
Less well known is that he raced at Bathurst in the 1997 2.0 race.
Check him out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfJ7oONUH9c (7.52 onwards). Well worth the look.

That is priceless, im gonna have to e-mail this to him hahaha

At least he's just doing what every Peugeot owner has to do most of the time :)