07k (New 5cyl) urq

Started by 00quattro00, December 06, 2012, 09:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

00quattro00

Check out how much shorter it is than the old 5cyl

http://motorgeek.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4569&start=750

Here is how much room we have on top at the upper core support

Huge gains made down low, room for a nice thick core for a low mount intercooler

Tucked in nicely is a dual pass radiator, and we aren't giving up any accessibility and still room for fans

This is a single-core, but promises way better surface area over the stock radiator

Land Rover Discovery 300tdi
Land Rover 110 4bd1t

M

It is funny as I was thinking about that engine in an older Quattro the other day. Always someone else first hahaha
Too much power is almost enough.

00quattro00

Yea I would love one but big $$$, will have to stick with the old crap. I have his old 10v setup so will see how that goes
Land Rover 110 4bd1t

Filx

That looks great - from memory it doesn't look that much longer than retrofitted 4cyl 1.8Ts I've seen.
FAIL - First Attempt In Learning

BB

So what is that motor out of?
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

5-pot

Probably a north american rabbit (Golf).  It's a 2.5L non-FSI 5-cylinder.
?The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.? - Thucydides (Ancient Greek historian and author, 460-404bc)

- 1990 Coupe quattro - R.I.P.
- 1988 90 quattro project... Sold
- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI

Filx

^ they reckon 400hp is possible on stock internals. That's pretty awesome and would get most early Audis going reasonably well.
FAIL - First Attempt In Learning

00quattro00

Land Rover 110 4bd1t

rambo_005

The North American spec Mk5 Rabbit and Mk6 Golf, Mk5 and Mk6 Jetta, the old New Beetle and the current Beetle plus the current North American Passat all had/have the 2.5 I5 (125kW).

They plan to replace this engine with the 1.8 TSI in the future. Hopefully this won't affect the future of Audi's TFSI version...

00quattro00

Thinking about flicking my aan and getting one of these. Just look at that space up front

Sent from my GT-N7100

Land Rover 110 4bd1t

00quattro00

Hank of iroz motorsport  offer a complete kit to bolt it in place of the old 5cyl

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Land Rover 110 4bd1t