The Official SPOTTED Thread 2013

Started by rambo_005, January 01, 2013, 03:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Truth

David

NZ's only white GTI edition 30 in Albany looking fantastic, spotted though my office window  ;)
07 VW Golf GTI Edition 30
97 Subaru WRX RA (sold)

00quattro00

This awesome landrover. Had a good talk to the owner, built it himself, 2wd, 4wd or 6wd powered by a 3.0l common rail turbo toyota. Has been thru Australia and is planning a trip to south africa

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Land Rover Discovery 300tdi
Land Rover 110 4bd1t

weta.worker

Quote from: 00quattro00 on March 14, 2013, 08:51:36 PM
This awesome landrover. Had a good talk to the owner, built it himself, 2wd, 4wd or 6wd powered by a 3.0l common rail turbo toyota. Has been thru Australia and is planning a trip to south africa

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Whoa! That looks very capable!
1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

weta.worker

In Melbourne at the mo sifting around.

Turns out there is some temporary Ferrari thing being built up for (what I assume) the F1 event 100ms from the place we are staying.

Big screen etc, they were unloading a few of these when we were wandering by.

I do like how the towie strapped the car down over the tyre instead of using the rims (like I've seen in other pics).

They unloaded them with a bit of confidence and caution. Looked like they had handled these types of cars a bit.

Very nice, very pro
1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

the phantom

new Beetle on the Northern being driven by one of Tristram's salesmen, it has a certain chunky presence, sorta like it
Land Transport New Zealand, taking the fun out of driving since August 2008

nacnud

Saw a dark blue mk4 R32 4 door getting dragged/towed out of the High st carpark before  :-\

Didn't look like he was doing a very good job at getting ti around the down ramps
Whatcha Think?
Flickr

1991 Jetta ABF

CGK

Brett

Quote from: nacnud on March 15, 2013, 12:32:37 PM
Saw a dark blue mk4 R32 4 door getting dragged/towed out of the High st carpark before  :-\

Didn't look like he was doing a very good job at getting ti around the down ramps
Goodbye haldex  :(
Previous:MKIII Golf GL, MKIV Golf GTI, E36 325i, E36 323i, B5 S4 sedan, C32 AMG, B5 S4 avant, BMW 740iL, MKV Golf Gti 2dr.

Current:
Company car
Weekend toy-2007 Golf Gti Edition 30

ranton-inc

Quote from: Kermit on March 15, 2013, 12:40:51 PM
Goodbye haldex  :(

haldex will be fine.. it disengaged unless under power with voltage on...

weta.worker

1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

schattenblau

Nice collection of contemporary and classics.

:)

the phantom

Land Transport New Zealand, taking the fun out of driving since August 2008

polo_GTI

Must be Alexh tailgating a very innocent Golf GTI off market road off ramp. Haha... You need to slow down mate! :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
NZ '06 Polo GTI 9n3 REVO Stage2 / H&R springs / Whiteline adjustable sway bars / EBC / SS brake lines / APR mount / Uprated bushes / Forge DV / 3" Downpipe / ECS flywheel / 4barFR / Seat intake / K&N / Forge strut
NZ '06 Golf GTI DSG, Xenon, Leather, Reverse sensor / Bluefin Stage 1

JPK

Is your polo red? Think I saw it on East coast rd coming up from Browns Bay yesterday. Not too many modded Polo GTIs around
A3 8P Sportback 2.0T DSG
- Progress Diary -

alexh

Quote from: polo_GTI on March 16, 2013, 03:55:45 PM
Must be Alexh tailgating a very innocent Golf GTI off market road off ramp. Haha... You need to slow down mate! :D

I was hungry
- 2013 - ML63 AMG - White
- 2014 - Golf R - White   
- 2008 - S63 AMG - Black
- 2002 - E46 M3 - Silver

alexh

Quote from: polo_GTI on March 16, 2013, 03:55:45 PM

Also if that was you I was tailgating...nice plate, talk about tacky.
- 2013 - ML63 AMG - White
- 2014 - Golf R - White   
- 2008 - S63 AMG - Black
- 2002 - E46 M3 - Silver

gti vr6

Blue Toureg R50 at Topcatch Westhaven in the city. Had a chat to the owner & he said it's one of only 5 in the country.

V10 Diesel but with some R features  :o 8) :o
1986 Mk2 Scirocco
2021 T6.1 4M LWB Transporter Trendline

beeker

Quote from: gti vr6 on March 17, 2013, 05:36:40 AM
Blue Toureg R50 at Topcatch Westhaven in the city. Had a chat to the owner & he said it's one of only 5 in the country.

V10 Diesel but with some R features  :o 8) :o

I see a guy in a grey R50 every morning at my coffee stop cafe. He has MTM wheels on his.
They have unique suspension (shock PN's), and use Cayenne Turbo sway bars, bigger brakes (suspect porsche turbo again).
Power is up, and interior gets better bits.
ie more that just a pretty body kit.
From memory they were another $40k over the regular V10 !

14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

ranton-inc

Quote from: beeker on March 17, 2013, 07:43:14 AM
I see a guy in a grey R50 every morning at my coffee stop cafe. He has MTM wheels on his.
They have unique suspension (shock PN's), and use Cayenne Turbo sway bars, bigger brakes (suspect porsche turbo again).
Power is up, and interior gets better bits.
ie more that just a pretty body kit.
From memory they were another $40k over the regular V10 !

I had one of these to use for a month and a half last year.. great fun heaps of torque... but mostly wank factor... it was ok on the open road..i took it to Mt Ruapehu a few times... the suspension height control is annoying if its set to auto it does all sorts of wacky self leveling crap at the lights... it wasn't fantastic on gas but was probably miles better than the petrol equivalent...

I had it permanently set to lowest possible driving position.. and the Suspension stiffness set to sport.. if in comfort if felt like you were on a boat in a storm... (car sickness ensued)

The tiptronic paddles were also ridiculous as they were static (ie didn't move with the wheel) ie only usable when hands were at "9 and 3"

As for the gearbox.. it was clunky and noisy and shifted like an old road ranger transmission (ie slow)

My Passat still had more boot capacity and rear legroom that that thing...

beeker

Quote from: ranton on March 17, 2013, 08:17:20 AM
I had one of these to use for a month and a half last year.. great fun heaps of torque... but mostly wank factor... it was ok on the open road..i took it to Mt Ruapehu a few times... the suspension height control is annoying if its set to auto it does all sorts of wacky self leveling s**t at the lights... it wasn't fantastic on gas but was probably miles better than the petrol equivalent...

I had it permanently set to lowest possible driving position.. and the Suspension stiffness set to sport.. if in comfort if felt like you were on a boat in a storm... (car sickness ensued)

The tiptronic paddles were also ridiculous as they were static (ie didn't move with the wheel) ie only usable when hands were at "9 and 3"

As for the gearbox.. it was clunky and noisy and shifted like an old road ranger transmission (ie slow)

My Passat still had more boot capacity and rear legroom that that thing...

Remember, they are a 4WD, and not a refined car. They are also 10+ year old engineering.
We have our 2006 Touareg 3.0 Tdi set to sport mode for the air suspension the entire time. Plus I vagcom tricked it another 10mm lower.
Our transmission is quite good, and certainly wouldnt call it clunky for a 4wd. It will understeer if pushed, so slower in and power out is essentual.
Overall we quite like it for a big safe family truck that can tow the car trailer like its not even there. The 3.0tdi also does 1000+kms a tank on the open road. 

14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback