The Official SPOTTED Thread 2013

Started by rambo_005, January 01, 2013, 03:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gti vr6

Quote from: brian on April 12, 2013, 07:45:43 PM
Typical of trailer towers, overlapping the cycling lane ::)

barely....  ::)
1986 Mk2 Scirocco
2021 T6.1 4M LWB Transporter Trendline

brian

Quote from: alexh on April 13, 2013, 03:50:09 AM
Give the guy a break...I swear every post you have to have negative stand.  We don't all drive polo's...

We all obviously do not ride bikes either!!
Having had a close call earlier in the week for this very reason, one is  more conscious than the average driver.
As regards driving a Polo, if you have the body for lycra there is no need to roar around the roads in 1500kg of high powered steel to attempt to assert your manhood 8)
Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

SOFTLAD

The only time you would have an issue of getting past that would be if you had a special needs trike.

Cars, trucks and bikes all share the tarmac roads it is more a case of being aware of each other rather than 'THAT'S MY BIT OF ROAD'

brian

The problem is not getting past, it is when they pass the cyclist on a curve , with the trailer already overhanging the cycle lane (most seem unable to drive in the centre of the lane) they then forget the trailer  completely and cut  right across the cycle lane often with the towing vehicle as well.
I agree 100% with what you say, plenty of room in most instances to share the space but there are too many bad drivers who do not.
Just try riding a bike, even for one day, and I think your opinion would change
Anyway, I do not want to start another 'them and us argument', so enough said.

brian

ritmo

Quote from: brian on April 13, 2013, 08:04:32 AM
We all obviously do not ride bikes either!!
Having had a close call earlier in the week for this very reason, one is  more conscious than the average driver.
As regards driving a Polo, if you have the body for lycra there is no need to roar around the roads in 1500kg of high powered steel to attempt to assert your manhood 8)

Only women have bodies for Lycra. Clearly should be banned for males.

brian

ha,ha, I think you only need to cast your eye down the street to see that that is not entirely true ;D

the phantom

Quote from: brian on April 13, 2013, 09:02:38 AM
The problem is not getting past, it is when they pass the cyclist on a curve , with the trailer already overhanging the cycle lane (most seem unable to drive in the centre of the lane) they then forget the trailer  completely and cut  right across the cycle lane often with the towing vehicle as well.
I agree 100% with what you say, plenty of room in most instances to share the space but there are too many bad drivers who do not.
Just try riding a bike, even for one day, and I think your opinion would change
Anyway, I do not want to start another 'them and us argument', so enough said.

the issue arises when they pass you, the driver might think there's plenty of room, but then the trailer comes along and cut you close, it's mostly unexpected by the cyclist because the vast majority of vehicles don't tow trailers
Land Transport New Zealand, taking the fun out of driving since August 2008

alexh

Quote from: the phantom on April 13, 2013, 11:58:33 AM
the issue arises when they pass you, the driver might think there's plenty of room, but then the trailer comes along and cut you close, it's mostly unexpected by the cyclist because the vast majority of vehicles don't tow trailers

1840kg actually. Weight of my c*ck.
- 2013 - ML63 AMG - White
- 2014 - Golf R - White   
- 2008 - S63 AMG - Black
- 2002 - E46 M3 - Silver

mjh

I do agree that everyone needs to share the road and respect each other. What really annoys me are the cyclists who go on and on about having same rights etc. yesterday I was in Queen St, AKL.  Thentraffic lightsmwere red (and had been formsome time) and a bike came up inside me at full noise, through the red light, nearly hit someone crossing the road and then acted like a dick.  Imagine doing that in a car......... 

They want the rights of a car, but don't want to follow the same rules. 

the phantom

Quote from: mjh on April 13, 2013, 06:45:12 PM
I do agree that everyone needs to share the road and respect each other. What really annoys me are the cyclists who go on and on about having same rights etc. yesterday I was in Queen St, AKL.  Thentraffic lightsmwere red (and had been formsome time) and a bike came up inside me at full noise, through the red light, nearly hit someone crossing the road and then acted like a dick.  Imagine doing that in a car......... 

They want the rights of a car, but don't want to follow the same rules.

so I pulled up behind a road user a few weeks ago, right turn bay, red arrow, green for through traffic

person decided they weren't going to wait so ran the red

guess what?  it wasn't a cyclist

that door swings both ways
Land Transport New Zealand, taking the fun out of driving since August 2008

brian

Quote from: alexh on April 13, 2013, 03:08:00 PM
1840kg actually. Weight of my c*ck.

Don't you mean 1.840 grains, you certainly know how to take a bait 8)ha ha

nzbidzel

Just looked at stats from nzta accidents with cyclists average 5-6% of total with other motorists , dbl  that on top  by themselves. Didnt thnk it was that many accidents. Gonna go check how much is spent by ACC on cyclists
'94 VR6 Golf
'75 620 Datsun

RogerB

If we are going to go on about cyclists, maybe we move it to it's own thread rather than the spotted thread. Just so we don't derail a topic.

alexh

Quote from: brian on April 13, 2013, 07:16:33 PM
Don't you mean 1.840 grains, you certainly know how to take a bait 8)ha ha

:-* :-*
- 2014 - Golf R - White   
- 2008 - S63 AMG - Black
- 2002 - E46 M3 - Silver

FFS

Spotted a Morrison Monarch old skool 10 speed on Newton St Ngaruawahia yesterday. Anyone on here?

hagan

White B5 passat in Manukau on spinners, ahh sometimes I miss south auckland
Swaps for an S2K?

alexh

Quote from: hagan on April 14, 2013, 07:23:54 PM
White B5 passat in Manukau on spinners, ahh sometimes I miss south auckland

ahh too true
- 2014 - Golf R - White   
- 2008 - S63 AMG - Black
- 2002 - E46 M3 - Silver

slowmo

TOMAZ heading to the hutt valley in his VR6
Current: 2004 MK4 R32 3-door NZ New DBP

Past: 2010 MK6 GTI / 2013 Nissan Leaf LOL / 2007 B7 RS4 / 2006 MK5 R32 / 2005 MK5 GTI / 1998 MK4 GTI / 1997 B5 A4 MTM

Filx

Quote from: the phantom on April 12, 2013, 06:03:12 PM
EMD brought in two , one red one white,  they turned out more expensive than expected,  so they were sold through Tristram a while ago,

I posted a photo in the spotted thread at the time (11 Jan)

Yep that's it - it's the Spark Cafe car at Manly.
FAIL - First Attempt In Learning