01E gearbox required

Started by The way of the Vorsprung, January 23, 2013, 10:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The way of the Vorsprung

Hey
just trying to hunt down a 01e 6spd quattro gear box for the a4 racer.
flick us a pm if you know of one , cheers
After twelve years of therapy my psychiatrist said something that brought tears to my eyes. He said, "No hablo ingles."

00quattro00

Quote from: The way of the Vorsprung on January 23, 2013, 10:06:18 PM
Hey
just trying to hunt down a 01e 6spd quattro gear box for the a4 racer.
flick us a pm if you know of one , cheers

Good luck. I imported one. Cost me 850 incl freight

Sent from my GT-N7100

Land Rover Discovery 300tdi
Land Rover 110 4bd1t

The way of the Vorsprung

Thats not bad,  ebay or reputable breakers somewhere?
After twelve years of therapy my psychiatrist said something that brought tears to my eyes. He said, "No hablo ingles."

00quattro00

Quote from: The way of the Vorsprung on January 24, 2013, 05:15:15 AM
Thats not bad,  ebay or reputable breakers somewhere?

S2forum.com. you would be better off getting one from a b5 s4 so you get the mounts and shifter

Sent from my GT-N7100

Land Rover 110 4bd1t

Andy H

Would be very interested to know how you go with the upgrade? I have had one 5speed box fail so far and would like to change to the 6 if this 5 speed can't cope. Not sure how much work is involved in the conversion?
How's the project coming along, do you have a build thread?
1997 Audi A4 1.8T MTM
2003 Audi A4 3.0 Avant
2007 Audi A4 DTM

00quattro00

Quote from: Andy H on January 31, 2013, 11:10:11 PM
Would be very interested to know how you go with the upgrade? I have had one 5speed box fail so far and would like to change to the 6 if this 5 speed can't cope. Not sure how much work is involved in the conversion?

If you making over 300hp and are driving it hard you will want an 01e

The o1e have a 4.11 diff ratio, not sure if the 01a in the 1.8t is

Sent from my GT-N7100

Land Rover 110 4bd1t

The way of the Vorsprung

Quote from: Andy H on January 31, 2013, 11:10:11 PM

Yep it is in the members cars section under b5 race car build, im just waiting on more parts at the moment.
Cheers

MarkB5Audi

Hay guys

how is the race car build going,,   

I was wondering whether to compleatly change my car to a track car, andy is your car just track or can you drive on the road??
i lost my licence for speeding,, not good i no, but buy the time i get it back i was thinking of gutting the A4 and make it au sum, I have done a wee bit to it already but not nere the 400 just yet,

how it the gearbox hunting going?? i was wondering whether it would be a good idea to get the gears nitrated/ strengthened insted of having 6speed but is there an lsd in the 6?

all my frends hav wrx or toy but there so light, im atemting to make rear and front strut braces atm, probily writing on the rong place hear sorry but its nice to have other ppl on here that r keen to do sum further modding and any advise is always good :)

thanks Mark
A4 B5 q + s4 AEB:VR6 few new parts still not there.(Turbo) vr6 swap

00quattro00

If you are going to be making 400hp you will need to give the engine a freshen up and will need to upgrade the rods.

The 01e is built a lot stronger than the 01a. By the time you rebuilt the 01a and had the gears treated you could by an 01e. With the 01e you will need to upgrade the 1-2 shift collar and syncros. There are kits with all the bits you need.

There is no lsd in any of the 01a or 01e boxes

Sent from my GT-N7100

Land Rover 110 4bd1t

MarkB5Audi

ok thats cool thank you, but yes i agree on the engine side as i havnt done any internal work dangerous territory atm, do any of you have discount contacts on parts??

would you stroke it or just keep the original 1.8 maby go oversize pistons 1.9?? but definitely rods, what would you consider the better rod, without any issues with failer and quality out of them all??

im not shure what to do with the audi any more

00quattro00

Just do a google search, lots of info on making it 2.0 or 2.1 with the use of a tdi crank

Sent from my GT-N7100

Land Rover 110 4bd1t

The way of the Vorsprung

ill be honest and say i have been thinking of a JEGs bellhousing adapter and a tremec TKO gearbox  thus going Rwd
- it kind of appeals when your looking at $8500 for a dog box plus what ever it may cost to get an o1e - but i will blow the 01a first then i have a good reason  -  it will be truly multi sport capable and i can go and have a bash at the occasional drift meet just for sihts and giggles

Andy H

Quote from: Markt28Audi on February 02, 2013, 03:09:20 PM
ok thats cool thank you, but yes i agree on the engine side as i havnt done any internal work dangerous territory atm, do any of you have discount contacts on parts??

would you stroke it or just keep the original 1.8 maby go oversize pistons 1.9?? but definitely rods, what would you consider the better rod, without any issues with failer and quality out of them all??

im not shure what to do with the audi any more

Mine is just a heavy road car Mark.
Just for reference, my stock internal engine ran happily at 320 crank HP for 70,000km of its 140km life. When it let go I think it was a fueling issue or I dropped a valve? Wouldn't let the stock head go much past 8500rpm. Is now producing a bit over 400hp at 20lb boost on pump fuel, but have a fresh engine with forged rods and pistons now.
1997 Audi A4 1.8T MTM
2003 Audi A4 3.0 Avant
2007 Audi A4 DTM

MarkB5Audi

ok thats cool im only pushing it to 7200rpm at 17psi atm iv adapted a bigger sti tb and a bmw idle controle valve to run antilag ect,  hows ur ecu going??

im thinking of posting up my car but a bit worried if it gets seen around lol,

are any of you coming down to chch do a few club days ???

The way of the Vorsprung

Hay Man post it up, you can do it in the members section and only VASKers will be able to see it if thats the worry.
I wont be coming down for a looong while but i do want to one day get around Ruapuna for a blat.

ECU is coming along slowly as I am still waiting on word as to whether i can get one for a much reduced price, the ecu will be a Link Extreme and failing that I must say I have been tempted by the DTA fast S80 ecu from the UK that is the dogs danglies for the money.

As for good / Great parts people Damian Brown (not sure if he is on the forum but you can find him on the Vask facebook page) is your best NZ guy for Integrated Engineering gear and Hans (who is on here) is well sorted for 034 motorsport parts and other tuning options he is part of NZ Performance Tuning in Auckland.
Both of those guys have been brilliant for me.

MarkB5Audi

hay ill ask  my fiend he v good with subi stuff but his fiends may have a spair xtreme lying around ill find out for you,, but my xtreme is ausum in my car i have so sort a few idl problem out but ezally done,, i no the ecu in uk may be the beeznees but at least with the link its all in nz and supported v well.

im trying to make a front and rear strut brace today,

MarkB5Audi

ok so no 2nd hand ones but i can get you 2300 inc map sensor and air temp best i can do m8

The way of the Vorsprung

cheers man ill have a think and see what we can do - also have a look at mikkijaynes project - it is linked through my build thread for a reaaly good strut brace - i will be starting my copy of hers as soon as my turbo turns up so i can get clearances.

MarkB5Audi

m8 i cant find that link to c the strut brace lol

00quattro00

Land Rover 110 4bd1t