01E gearbox required

Started by The way of the Vorsprung, January 23, 2013, 10:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkB5Audi

wow yr Thats cool so how much did your cage cost?? do you think you could make a kit set one for me to buy???
A4 B5 q + s4 AEB:VR6 few new parts still not there.(Turbo) vr6 swap

The way of the Vorsprung

The cage was what i would call a bit expensive but i think the tig welding made up for the price + I did add some extras to the job so i brought it home for $5000 seat mounts, wing reinforcement, cage and steering wheel boss, annd all papers for homologation.

i will be adding some more bars to the cage eventually. MRX built it (the guys who built all of the new 2013 NZ touring V8 racers)
they know what they are doing.  very happy

as for the strut brace ill build 1, if you like it ill make another - and if anyone else wants one ill make them one too.
After twelve years of therapy my psychiatrist said something that brought tears to my eyes. He said, "No hablo ingles."

MarkB5Audi

what size bar did thay use im atempting the one like mikki atm so later if i do cage it i have a part allredy done lol but the front is v expencive in genuine parts i got quoted 72+gst on one bracket and 112+gst for the bar geeeez lol

00quattro00

There is plenty of a6s being wrecked. Just go and cut the mounts of and weld them onto yours

Sent from my GT-N7100

Land Rover Discovery 300tdi
Land Rover 110 4bd1t

MarkB5Audi

I posted a cople ofweeks ago if any one had or new of any being salviged no luck thow :'(

The way of the Vorsprung

I'm going to change the design To more like mikkiejaynes roll cage design with a 1? tube across and the same picking up the monting bolts waaay over kill for the street but ok for me as it can be tied into the cage structure later ill make a inch tube one for street use if you want?
After twelve years of therapy my psychiatrist said something that brought tears to my eyes. He said, "No hablo ingles."

MarkB5Audi

ok id like to have a wee look at it befor you make one but ausum thank you