Not being one to cross post but can anyone help me out please.

Started by 1oldAudi, April 06, 2006, 12:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1oldAudi

My '89 100 just lost the ability to switch current to the starter solenoid to crank the engine.... the reason being the return spring has exploded out of the ignition barrel switch. Does anyone have a complete working switch they'd be happy to part with? Coded 893 905 849

The breakdown brought all kinds of theories ??? including a local garage who suggested my car was needing a new battery because the one on-board wasn't holding charge. He'd been looking for it under the aircon panel then just metered a random bit of wire... then gave up when i wouldn't buy one off him.

I spent about an hour playing around and noticed the key was no longer returning from crank-to-start position and weird things were being switched on and off.

Made it home by finding a position on the key that light the dashboard lamps and gave me the 'OK' and crawled underneath to bridge the solenoid on the starter.... The fun came once at at home to stop the engine though.

If you have a switch you can part with please post here.... or better, the sell, trade, swap section... thanks and appreciated. Pete

NZGTI

I had to replace the switch on My mk2 once......It was no longer switching on the aux thing like lights...radio etc.....Give qualitat a call.  I don't remember it being very much at all.
2015 Golf 1.4 TSi
2006 Touran 2.0
2006 Golf GTI...gone
2007 Touran 1.4 TSi Stage 1...gone
2003 Passat v5...gone
1999 Golf GTi...gone
1990 Corrado x2...gone
1984 Golf GTi...gone

orggti

I probly do in a 200 im wreaking, or pushbutton has several 100s he dosent drive anymore. PM him.