RS4 exhaust options?

Started by mikemas, March 27, 2013, 07:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikemas

Have been reading up on various after market exhausts for my RS; tempted to try something new as I had a Milltek on my S4.

The existing exhaust is fine, but it doesn't quite have the idle and low end noise I want.

Have any of you done the exhaust alone, or gone to extent of downpipes, gutted pre-cats and exhaust?

If so, did what did you buy, what was the cost and what's your feedback on the set up?

Cheers

Always slow down for Ka band!!

leebske

I've gone through a few changes already.

1. Started with stock
2. Removed Resonators out of stock exhaust so retained exhaust flaps - This sounded pretty good actually but no where near the volume I wanted.
3. Bought a Milltek non-valved system 3 weeks ago - It had resonators in
4. Removed the resonators - Getting there!

Next step - Remove the cats

Hope this helps

Cheers
12' BMW 1M (Alpine White)
03' BMW E46 M3 6MT (Titanium Silver)
03' VW Golf R32 3dr (Black)

mikemas

Cheers, that helps a lot thanks..how easy is it to remove the resonators in the stock exhaust?

This might sate me while I make my mind up.
Always slow down for Ka band!!

leebske

Very easy - $100 welding job max 1-1/2 hours including pipe. I Highly recommend using Woolf mufflers.

Alternatively I have my stock exhaust already with resonators removed sitting in a garage. Happy to swap with your stock exhaust and a box of beers to save you a weld job.

Cheers
12' BMW 1M (Alpine White)
03' BMW E46 M3 6MT (Titanium Silver)
03' VW Golf R32 3dr (Black)

knr

Hi guys,

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I'm looking at an exhaust mod for my B7 RS4. I love the car but feel like a bit more noise would do that amazing engine justice, I don't want to rattle the neighbors too much in the mornings so was looking at either removing cats or resonators and keeping factory valves. Does anyone have an opinion on this option?

Would this result in a lot of drone?

I'm based in Auckland so does anybody have a recommendation on someone to do that work?

Thanks,
Kim

HaNs