've been holding it off but...

Started by vamr, April 15, 2006, 07:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vamr

Have decided to say goodbye to mk4 r32 in favour of a manual mk5 one.
Partly to avoid further depreciation, partly because the new s3 is still a dot on the horizon and also for a fresh factory warranty.

:)

hitmanGTI

Quote from: vamr on April 15, 2006, 07:06:00 PM
Have decided to say goodbye to mk4 r32 in favour of a manual mk5 one.
Partly to avoid further depreciation, partly because the new s3 is still a dot on the horizon and also for a fresh factory warranty.

:)

:'(

faslam

I'm waiting for my r32 to get here in May!!! What spec did you order and what did you like about the new over the old and vise versa?

1.8t

Quote from: GTI - WGTN on April 15, 2006, 08:42:14 PM
I'm waiting for my r32 to get here in May!!! What spec did you order and what did you like about the new over the old and vise versa?

You can change your display name to R32 - WGTN now :P

Apparently the current batch of mk5 GTIs are delayed till May too!
Dudlee the 86 318i
Past.. 95 328i M Coupe, 97 Pug 306, 97 Vento

vamr

Quote from: R32 - WGTN on April 15, 2006, 08:42:14 PM

Am taking delivery of one of Giltrap's demo r32s on Wednesday. Deep blue (same as the current one I have), manual, sunroof, recaro seats...

To be honest, primarily the reason I am changing to the new model is due to the depreciation rate of the mkiv of which the resale value, in the last few months, has gone down by around 5g.

In regards to old vs new... FSI is always a nice bonus, averaging at 10l/100km vs 16l in the current model :P
Am however not a fan of 5 door hatchbacks as I have no practical use for the extra 2 (no family) but on the flipside resale in a year or so will be easier vs a 3 door setup (if it existed  in NZ ::) ).

As for the choice of buying yet another r32...  I test drove the new gti for a day and although the fuel consumption, acceleration and aesthetics were top notch I just missed the sensation of being compressed into the bucket seat whenever I stepped on the accelerator not to mention the grip that 4motion provided on cornering (rear wheels pushing you out on the exit in particular)  ;D

Can give some more concise thoughts in comparison between the mkiv vs mkv after a few days on the road if you wish.

Having owned a few coupes ( from e36 318 to e46 330) and roadsters (z3 and z4) from the bwm range in the past I have to say, VW is where the real Driving Pleasure? is to be found.

vamr

Hrm... due to complications with replacing sport seats with recaros (apparently the wiring and control units are too different to have functioning heated seats) will be taking delivery of a new black r32 in May.... loan cars until then  :-\

robh

did you trade in or sell privately?
Daily Driver - VW Touareg V8 TDI 2012 "towing beast"
Too Many Cars - Lotus Elise S 2013 "tangerine dream"
Project Car - Golf VR6 Turbo "built not bought"
Wifes - Audi S4 Avant 2012 "I want a white car that sounds nice"

vamr

Quote from: R32 - WGTN on April 15, 2006, 08:42:14 PM

Apparently the shipment has arrived into auckland now.

faslam

I wonder if mine will be in there?