2014 Octavia III VRS

Started by RS, July 09, 2013, 10:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schattenblau

Quote from: RS ZWEI on November 18, 2013, 10:27:58 AM
The likes of Auckland stop/start traffic might be OK for DSG, but I think going for a manual to a DSG/auto you would end up being lazy and level it in "D".

That's me and about 99% of GTI DSG drivers.

Playing with the paddles is a new car novelty that quickly wears off as the stock paddles are rubbish, bigger paddles helps to extend the novelty for a few weeks...

Quote from: RS on November 18, 2013, 11:00:07 AM
You cant eliminate torque steer with electronics, you can only cut torque, and a LSD will only make it worse, you will get used to it.

IME the Megane RS26/265 have been the most successive at taming torque steer in a powerful FWD.

The Focus RS Mk2 with it's fancy Rev-knuckle was almost as bad as a Mazda 3 MPS...

ritmo

Quote from: RS on November 18, 2013, 11:05:53 AM
TBH what put me off the Skoda was how cheap and dull it looked next to the new Mazda 6 Diesel on Targa, the Mazda is a nice looking vehicle and miles ahead of the Skoda in build quality, packaging and styling, I guess you need to shop around and have a look at all brands, there is some serious competition out there.

Also got some feed back that the Skoda wasn't as sporting as some drivers would like.

Agreed new Mazda 6 looks great.

xanctus

The new Mazda looks good, but I found the new Skoda RS not so bad. Way way way better improved in design compare to predecessors of all Skodas.
I talked to some Skoda owners they always say it's the cheaper version of Audi or VW. Why not? I guess it works for some.

RobClubley

The Mk3 vRS is really growing on me. I want to go test drive one but it might be a dangerous move.
Then again it will be slower than my 10 year old one :D
1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

nordschleife

Saw an awesome looking stone coloured one in Napier last week - very cool.
VW Golf GTI - Track Car
VW Golf GTI - Road Car
BMW ///M5 - Previous Car and looking for another - F10 LCI
Octavia vRS Combi - Wife's Car
VW Golf R32 - Sold

Fizz

Quote from: RobClubley on May 21, 2014, 09:02:33 AM
The Mk3 vRS is really growing on me. I want to go test drive one but it might be a dangerous move.
Then again it will be slower than my 10 year old one :D
Might be slightly slower "stock" but it will definitely feel more refined. Also Slowness is nothing a remap can't fix ;)

RobClubley

Quote from: Fizz on May 21, 2014, 10:35:25 AM
Might be slightly slower "stock" but it will definitely feel more refined. Also Slowness is nothing a remap can't fix ;)

Very true. Definitely more power potential.
Not that I can afford one :)
1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

Fizz

Quote from: RobClubley on May 21, 2014, 10:37:50 AM
Very true. Definitely more power potential.
Not that I can afford one :)

There was a nice New Red 6 speed Manual Wagon on TM the other day that had me drooling. Looks like they only got a handful of manuals and they were out the door pretty quick...

RS ZWEI

Quote from: Fizz on May 21, 2014, 12:46:06 PM
There was a nice New Red 6 speed Manual Wagon on TM the other day that had me drooling. Looks like they only got a handful of manuals and they were out the door pretty quick...

You can order manuals if you wish.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

RS

Yup, and other options. Priced up a manual with laxer cruise control for the missus.

delivery time is not too bad either.

Fizz

Surprised you can order them, Usually it's a take what we have on the floor type deal with VAG dealerships here.

RS

No problem at all ordering any car you want from most European brands, its normally a case of paying a deposit and signing a contract.

BMW have even offered a discount on a manual 3 series, substantial too, enough to swap in a couple of other premium options.