The Renault Sport Thread

Started by RS, July 26, 2013, 08:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Number21

I kind of like how the shape of the bonnet is reminiscent of an Alpine, and the Renault Sport Spider (a truly wacky car that I've always had a soft spot for for some reason).

RS

Quote from: schattenblau on August 15, 2013, 11:47:49 AM
I was surprised at just how well screwed together the last Megane RS's (R26, RS265) I've driven were.

Both were press demos with some hard km's on them.

Granted the quality of the interior was not VW standard but nothing squeaked, rattled, fell off, or broke.

Certainly no VAG product in my experience gets close to delivering as pure driving experience and that includes Audi RS cars.

You will still get rattles like in any other brand! My drivers side window makes a noise and I have to spray silicone on the frame every couple of weeks. The 35 series tyres don't help road noise on course chip either, but these are just niggles really, over all the car is still much better built and quieter than a 10 year old equivalent and modern standards are high.

Like I said you sacrifice bullcrap for real tools, the massive Brembo brakes alone are worth more to me than soft touch plastics in the boot that will impress the female GTI buyer who see's shopping a better day spent than a trackday.  ;)

The test of time will tell, they are no Toyota. Ironically the one item that has worn out was the German made Recaro seat, seems they still make them out of tissue paper, Renault were good and replaced it under warranty and I have noted they have amended the problem with the face lift and now have a piece of leather on the wear prone area's.

Note the outer edge:

schattenblau

Did your 2011 Recaros have side airbags ?

IIRC the old R26 for NZ didn't have Recaros because the seats didn't have side airbags in them so didn't meet ADR specs as our cars shared the Aussie spec.

Must find the pix I took...

;)

RS

All Megane III with Recaro option have the side airbags.

My Megane II F1 did not get the Recaro's because of ADR specs, the OEM seats were so heavy its not funny, like 40+kg per seat!

schattenblau

Renaultsportfest

;D

2008 R26

2012 RS265

RS

schattenblau

The R26 was near-new with 227km on the clock.

The RS265 was a press/RNZ demo with about 1000km.

As seen in various papers/mags and Renault dealers

:laugh:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/road-tests/8013958/This-Renault-is-all-about-performance

Number21

The newer shape is so much nicer. The rear end of the R26 is just ridiculous.

RS

Second face-lift Megane due 2014.

I do like it on the vanilla models, looks ok on the RS, personally I like it on design merit, dislike it because its a bit mainstream (VW) looking.

http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/276961/renault_megane_frankfurt_motor_show_2013.html

brian

I quite like it.
I see that Ghoson has kicked Tavres out 'cause he (Tavres) said that he 'wouldn't mind running GM'.
A few too many he's in there, but you get the point
Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

schattenblau

Bland.

Looks like a throwback to the first Megane.

phil

I felt like a bit of a change - the car is perfect, but just wanted to give it a wee styling tweak.

Plastidipped the wheels white, applied some vinyl Gordini stripes and restored the grill on the front bumper. Did it all myself at minimal cost - won't be to everyones taste, but I like it for now :-)

RS ZWEI

1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

brian

Quote from: RS ZWEI on February 05, 2015, 10:56:23 PM
Looks smart Phil.

Looks very smart, blue and Gordini stripes really add to a Renault looks

Poonmobile

Looks great Phil, saw it the other day.
Current:
06 NZ B7 RS4 Avus Silver, 01 NZ B5 RS4 Avus Silver, 93 NZ VR6 Tornado Red 3dr, Renault Clio 172 & Renault Clio 197
Past:
MK2 VR6, MK5 GTI, 2 x MK5 R32, 8L S3 Imola, MK4 Golf V6 4MO, Polo GTI, 2x MK3 VR6, D2 S8, B5 S4 Avant, 03 NZ R32 Deep Blue Pearl, Renault Megane R26 liquid yello

RS ZWEI

A rare sight, a Clio Williams up for auction in Japan:

1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

RS ZWEI

1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

schattenblau

Interesting...

Never seen a real Clio Williams.

There was a fake (?) down Welly way many years ago - Williams blue, gold wheels, maxi-rally wide arch body kit.

brian

There was one floating around in new Plymouth a few years ago although I never saw it closeup