00665 error code

Started by NOWAY1, August 02, 2013, 10:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NOWAY1

So after a few weeks of shopping around I picked up my car on Tuesday morning.  My first thought was that it wasn't boosting properly but everything seemed fine so I went along my merry way and waited until my mechanic checked it out on Saturday.  He hit me up this afternoon after work and came by to have a nosey and hook it up to his SnapOn diagnostic tool.  There were some error codes in the system but most were dismissed as being thrown by a dead battery etc while on the lot but there was one that bothered him - 00665 Boost Pressure Regulation: Control Range Not Reached.  He cleared all the codes and we went for a spin and he agreed that it was running well but definitely not 100%.  We scanned it again and 00665 was back.
He recommended I talk to the company I bought it from and ask them to have it checked out under the CGA, as well as get the missing air box and intake bits and even the missing rear cupholder.  I've dropped them a line and now I'm waiting for a reply.
Has anyone else had this happen and what was it?  He figured it was the DV as it's pretty commom and by googling it's one of many possible options but there's a lot of other things it could be http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/16683/P0299/000665

Thanks in advance for your help/advice.

NOWAY1

Something has come up several times in my searches so I'm hoping it's this simple -
"Its the recirc valve bolted to the turbo. Remove it by just 3 5mm allen bolts. You will find the diaphram is broken. There is an updated valve for this issue from the dealer."

GLIDN

Correct, sounds to me like a torn diverter valve.
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

dannyboy

get the dealer to fix it .. 
07 Gti Golf DSG  ,93 golf vr6

NOWAY1

Thanks guys I'll follow it up with the dealer on Monday. I watched a youtube video with a torn diverter valve and it sounded horrible with no boost. Mine still boosts but not 100% so probably something else. Honestly wouldn't have ever known for sure unless he checked the error codes so gonna owe him a crate for that one.

nordschleife

Was it from a Dealer or Turners?
VW Golf GTI - Track Car
VW Golf GTI - Road Car
BMW ///M5 - Previous Car and looking for another - F10 LCI
Octavia vRS Combi - Wife's Car
VW Golf R32 - Sold

NOWAY1

Purchased direct from Turners (not an auction).

nzgti8v

I have not checked mine for errors, but suspect that I need to change the DV also.
My car feels peppy, but if you floor it hard on a motor way on ramp to get upto 100km fast its lacking power I suspect, doesn't zap passed those boring new Corollas as quickly as it should.. or i'm expecting too much, will be interesting to see how much of a difference it makes if that turns out to be the issue.

GLIDN

Quote from: nzgti8v on August 04, 2013, 10:24:47 PM
I have not checked mine for errors, but suspect that I need to change the DV also.
My car feels peppy, but if you floor it hard on a motor way on ramp to get upto 100km fast its lacking power I suspect, doesn't zap passed those boring new Corollas as quickly as it should.. or i'm expecting too much, will be interesting to see how much of a difference it makes if that turns out to be the issue.

Perhaps I have not gone on about it enough on the forum?
But the first 2 things that need to be done on any MK5 Gti which has not yet had it done.
Is replace diverter valve and camshaft bucket.

wsnownz

Quote from: GLIDN on August 05, 2013, 08:26:12 AM
Perhaps I have not gone on about it enough on the forum?
But the first 2 things that need to be done on any MK5 Gti which has not yet had it done.
Is replace diverter valve and camshaft bucket.

Can you supply camshaft bucket?

GLIDN

Quote from: wsnownz on August 05, 2013, 10:11:01 AM
Can you supply camshaft bucket?

Yes I can supply both Diverter Valve and camshaft bucket.

wsnownz

Quote from: GLIDN on August 05, 2013, 11:37:10 AM

Can you please pm me with prices?

nzgti8v

Quote from: GLIDN on August 05, 2013, 11:37:10 AM

+1, prices for me too, I should do these things.
Cheers

NOWAY1

Cheers glidn please forgive my ignorance I'm a vw/vask n00b. Honestly don't even know what a camshaft bucket is but I'll get some asap. Please pm me with prices and contact details.

Fizz

Quote from: Blue on August 05, 2013, 10:13:09 PM
Cheers glidn please forgive my ignorance I'm a vw/vask n00b. Honestly don't even know what a camshaft bucket is but I'll get some asap. Please pm me with prices and contact details.
Check this thread for a decent how to
http://www.vask.org.nz/index.php/topic,32235.0.html

NOWAY1

Cheers Fizz and GLIDN for the help.  I'm doing a DV upgrade this weekend (if the part arrives) to a GCB DV+ conversion.  My mechanic highly recommended it as the DV is a common fault.  Has anyone else done this?
http://www.gfb.com.au/dv-plus-diverter-valve-for-late-model-vag-and-euro-applications

Fizz

I had GFB DV on my mk4 and it was superb! Didnt know they had an option for the mk5. Most guys just fit the new golf R DV which i believe has fixed the issues found with the old style one and they not expensive either :)

JPK

That part looks great. Havnt seen it before. How much?
A3 8P Sportback 2.0T DSG
- Progress Diary -

Fizz

NOWAY1

$175 incl GST and courier.  Will take a little while to upgrade the stock DV but always up for a project.  Hoping it's here by Friday so I can pop it in over the weekend  >:D