Previous topic - Next topic

schattenblau

A good park is to be treasured.

Can you reserve it ?

;D

le mans

And she still builds boost beautifully.

le mans

The car is back from its annual service with Brodie European. Handbrake serviced and repaired (still needs new handbrake cables), new OEM N75 valve to replace the knackered MAC valve and a new 0.3 bar oil pressure switch. The car is boosting super smooth and strong with the new solenoid and the brakes feel great (handbrake aside, which is still tight due to those stretched cables). Unfortunately the high pressure hydraulic steering hose is leaking and will need replacing.

I?ve also simplified my tune set up. Only running the one boost map now (factory 1.3-1.4 bar). It?s still fast for what it is and no real point pushing it. It feels great to be honest.

If anyone has a source for the high pressure steering hose and/or handbrake cables can you please let me know?

Top of wastegate open to atmosphere again as per OEM

OEM 034906283K N75 boost solenoid

Horch

Have 2x handbrake cables p/n 893 609 721 E

Brand new old stock to suit Audi 80 B3  9/1986-7/1992 ? if you can adapt them etc.
2018 Porsche 991 Carrera T Manual
1988 urquattro MB
1986 MB 300SL
1956 DKW RT250
2006 Vespa PX200

le mans

Thanks Horch, I?ll do some research to see if they might be suitable.

le mans

Quite a big difference in the inside diameter of the solenoid fittings. Factory valve on top and MAC valve below. Might explain why boost response was poor with the MAC valve when top of wastegate open to atmosphere.

le mans

Brand new OEM handbrake cables have arrive via Giltrap Audi Parts from Audi Tradition. Was a painless process and less expensive than I feared. If you have any parts you need from Audi Tradition try Aubrey and let him know you?re a VASKr: [email protected]

RS ZWEI

1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

RS ZWEI

1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

le mans

Now that daylight savings has ended I can geek out on this awesome red/orange night time illumination a bit more often? this is the best colour for maintaining good night vision and it just happens to make the car look like a space ship inside. The first time I experienced this setup was driving my B5 A4 avant when I had it for an extended overnight test drive in 2001. Loved it ever since.

tjsmada

Looks excellent, I love the 90s red dash

le mans

It was hosing down most of the afternoon. I prepped the car for tomorrow?s car show (https://www.concours.org.nz/) in the carport. No heated, carpeted garages here! She came up ok. Black is tricky but some wax/sealant does wonders. Looking forward to it tomorrow. Come on down if you are floating around (excuse the pun). Weather looking better than today at least.

ranton-inc

Quote from: le mans on April 22, 2023, 08:36:58 PM
It was hosing down most of the afternoon. I prepped the car for tomorrow?s car show (https://www.concours.org.nz/) in the carport. No heated, carpeted garages here! She came up ok. Black is tricky but some wax/sealant does wonders. Looking forward to it tomorrow. Come on down if you are floating around (excuse the pun). Weather looking better than today at least.

Looking very Lush!

If you find yourself chasing swirls and other black paint issues.

This stuff works a treat, Apply it in a karate Kid manner, Wax on, *Wait till it hazes up* Wax off makes black paint pop like crazy!

https://www.pacer.co.nz/product-group/2252-vitesse-spray-wax/category/392-wax

le mans

Thanks Anton, I?ll check it out.

le mans

Today she turned 220,000km, rewarding me with a perfect, crisp cold start and impeccable manners driving to collect my son from swimming practise.

ranton-inc

Saw you driving North today on the Southern Motorway, Looking Pristine

le mans

Ah cool, yeah I took it to work this morning so that would have been on my way home?