1996 Audi RS2 Brilliant Black

Started by le mans, November 03, 2013, 12:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

le mans

Thanks guys, will definitely get them look at that.

RS ZWEI

Quote from: le mans on January 03, 2017, 11:26:12 AM
She's not holding full boost at the moment. Going back in shortly to check for leaks. Could also be a failed cat in the exhaust?

Jon, are you going to gut the cat and reinstal or replace it with something else?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

le mans

If the cat is damaged I'll get them to remove it I think, depending on what's involved.

le mans

Got my missing boost back :) Was a loose intercooler hose.

RS ZWEI

Quote from: le mans on January 25, 2017, 06:33:14 PM
Got my missing boost back :) Was a loose intercooler hose.

Which hose Jon?
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

le mans

Turbo to intercooler hose. Clamp to the intercooler not fully tight.

le mans

The car has had lots of maintenance lately, all done at Brodie European:
- new OE cam belt and water pump (thanks again weta for sourcing this)
- new alternator
- new fuel pump
- new radiator
- 4 x new Michelin tyres
- annual service

le mans

RS ZWEI

1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

Poonmobile

Current:
06 NZ B7 RS4 Avus Silver, 01 NZ B5 RS4 Avus Silver, 93 NZ VR6 Tornado Red 3dr, Renault Clio 172 & Renault Clio 197
Past:
MK2 VR6, MK5 GTI, 2 x MK5 R32, 8L S3 Imola, MK4 Golf V6 4MO, Polo GTI, 2x MK3 VR6, D2 S8, B5 S4 Avant, 03 NZ R32 Deep Blue Pearl, Renault Megane R26 liquid yello

le mans

Thanks guys. Someone approached me on a forum in the UK and I thought no harm!

The car now has a wideband o2 controller and closed loop knock control has also been set up using the factory knock sensors. There is still some wiring to tidy up so I haven't got it back yet. It's had a tune and is making another 50nm at the wheels, which should be pretty noticeable. Looking forward to taking it for a drive. All the work has been done by Dave at TuneTechnic.

le mans

The car is back from Tune Technic. Really happy with what Dave has managed to do. It's now fitted with an ALM wideband O2 sensor and 4 bar map sensor. Knock control has been hooked up using the factory knock sensors and tuned to correctly retard ignition in the event of any knock.  And a speed input has been configured which allows me to run gear boost trim as well as set up speed lockouts for the idle speed control. He's fettled the tune to eek out a few more KW, now running peak boost of 1.6bar or 23psi, which is about the most you can get out of it with the factory waste gate spring. Best of all though, I've now got a rock solid ECU platform that is performing great and has useful safety features enabled. Dave now has a state of the art Mainline dyno which has allowed him to get back into working on aftermarket ECU platforms. He also does factory ECU tuning if that's your thing.

Dyno plot with before/after overlay:

Screen shot, 4th gear, WOT:

Edit: I forgot to mention the best bit of all  :P, a little switch under the dash allows me to switch between a low boost map and a high boost map.

Trofeo

Like that switch will ever be used!!
2015 Amarok 4WD auto
2018 Golf R-Line Tsi

le mans

Copy that! I've set up 2nd low boost map that activates below 60 deg water temp which limits the boost to 0.8 bar. Should prevent me from getting me carried away when it's cold! So I've got a 0.8 bar warm up map, 1.4 bar 'factory' map and a 1.6 bar high boost map.

GT4GrpANZnew

Wow  - very tastefully done

So with the Link more KW than standard ECU  ? ie 190KW atw what do you recon at the fly wheel ?

le mans

The factory ECU is very capable but it's getting harder to find people who can tune them. There are plenty of tuners in NZ who can tune a Link ECU. My car already had a Link when I bought it so I ran with that. Regarding your second question probably 240-250kw assuming 20-25% drive train losses. Chassis dynos aren't really an absolute measure though, but they are great for optimising tunes and doing before/after comparisons.

le mans

Confession. I removed the H&Rs last August. It's not exactly a stance king any more but it's got more compliance/suspension travel which is what I was after for family duties. I'd still like to get the KWs certed as they worked well while lowering the car but it's a modern classic now so not really worth while.

IMG_0001

IMG_0003

IMG_6174

le mans

Car has been prepped for Brit & Euro tomorrow

WRURQ

Nice looking great, see you there ...

le mans