Started by le mans, November 03, 2013, 12:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robh

Daily Driver - VW Touareg V8 TDI 2012 "towing beast"
Too Many Cars - Lotus Elise S 2013 "tangerine dream"
Project Car - Golf VR6 Turbo "built not bought"
Wifes - Audi S4 Avant 2012 "I want a white car that sounds nice"

le mans

Freshly serviced by Brodie European, took the black beauty to the BOP for the Christmas break. More recently (yesterday) it was put to good use carting a dryer which fitted with the back seats up. She was looking pretty shiny on this sunny kiwi summer day. Only real thing on the to-do list is repair the door cards (glue and foam breaking down), roof lining and new floor mats. Paint could do with some correction again too, but holds up well from 10 feet away.

weta.worker

looking nice!  and putting it to good use is great as well!

:D
1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

URS4 Avant

le mans

John Kanters aka 80vert has replaced the headlining and re-foamed and glued the vinyl on the door cards.

I'm particularly happy with the headlining. John recovered the A pillars as well for a perfect match. The texture and appearance is very similar to the original but slightly darker.

John said the headlining material wasn't very easy to work with as there was limited stretch longitudinally. I bought the material from WT Distributors in Onehunga as John's usual supplier didn't have any material that was a close match to the original. Website:  https://www.webbing.co.nz/auto-marine/79-headlining.html

Work in progress:

Finished result:

My sincere thanks to John for a job well done!

Poonmobile

Thats awesome Jon! And great job Vert
Current:
06 NZ B7 RS4 Avus Silver, 01 NZ B5 RS4 Avus Silver, 93 NZ VR6 Tornado Red 3dr, Renault Clio 172 & Renault Clio 197
Past:
MK2 VR6, MK5 GTI, 2 x MK5 R32, 8L S3 Imola, MK4 Golf V6 4MO, Polo GTI, 2x MK3 VR6, D2 S8, B5 S4 Avant, 03 NZ R32 Deep Blue Pearl, Renault Megane R26 liquid yello

B5Passat

le mans

Really happy to have a Blaupunkt radio installed in the RS2 again. It's not the factory original but the relatively new 46 DAB. Has bluetooth handsfree and streaming integrated but is designed to suit older cars. Fortunately was plug and play so I installed it myself. It works perfectly and the sound is crisp and clear.

Deets: https://www.blaupunkt.com/en/nc/products/car-multimedia/car-radio/products/single/19059/

I ordered from here if anyone's interested in getting one for their classic Audi/Porsche. Took about 2.5 weeks. Only downside is I wasn't provided a tracking number. https://www.autosound.co.uk/blaupunkt/single-din-radios/bremen-sqr46-dab/

wilco

Looks great Jon, fits nicely with the era.

tjsmada

Oh yeah, definitely been listing after one of those!

RobClubley

That is near the top of my Ur parts list.
Definitely going to get one as it solves all of the problems I've been trying to solve by buying and bodging together various gadgets and adapters, trying to hide new tech away and have a good looking period head unit.

1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

le mans

Good plan Rob 👍 You can always hold onto the original.

RobClubley

Quote from: le mans on July 31, 2020, 02:59:41 PM
Good plan Rob 👍 You can always hold onto the original.
I don't have an original, the car came with a 90s Sony. I have a Nissan Bluebird 80s Blaupunkt and another 80s Blaupunkt from Ebay, neither work properly.
1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

le mans

I don't have my original radio either. I assume it was binned at some point. I've still got the instruction manual for it. Was a Blaupunkt RD 104 model with CD player. Pretty rad back in the day. The SQR 46 is actually a 1980s design.

nordschleife

Loved those Blaupunkt units back in the day.
VW Golf GTI - Track Car
VW Golf GTI - Road Car
BMW ///M5 - Previous Car and looking for another - F10 LCI
Octavia vRS Combi - Wife's Car
VW Golf R32 - Sold

80 Vert

If anyone has an old Blaupunkt and needs it repaired there's an excellent guy in Glen Eden called McAllister radio repair.
He recently did a great job on my 90 Blaupunkt for the mk2 Golf.
2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration

le mans

Thanks for the tip vert.

I highly recommend this new Blaupunkt unit. I've been playing around with the equaliser settings and the it's got good range. I think my car had the speakers upgraded by a previous owner (possibly the one I bought it off but can't remember exactly), but considering it has no sub it has a really crisp and punchy sound. I'm no audiophile but that's my 2c worth if anyone's interested!

le mans

Today the RS2 had its turn to go to the beach.