Afew Probs With the car any help/idea welcome

Started by br344y, November 01, 2013, 01:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

br344y

Hey guys

CAR: B6 S4 avant
1st
Im loosing radiator water but only when the car is running hot     there's no overheating or leaking when car is just sitting overnight  having to refill water after every 500-600km

2nd
window washer water tank leaks

3rd
I have some condensation in front left head light how do i fix that ?

any help would be much appreciated 
cheers
Current:
2004 S4 Avant

Prev:
1998 A4 1.8T Q

Brett

Hey mate,

Not sure if the b6 is the same but i just replaced the afterrun coolant pump in my b5 S4. They show no signs of leaking to the floor when they go.

Brett
Previous:MKIII Golf GL, MKIV Golf GTI, E36 325i, E36 323i, B5 S4 sedan, C32 AMG, B5 S4 avant, BMW 740iL, MKV Golf Gti 2dr.

Current:
Company car
Weekend toy-2007 Golf Gti Edition 30

watercooled

Quote from: br344y on November 01, 2013, 01:00:03 PM
Hey guys

CAR: B6 S4 avant
1st
Im loosing radiator water but only when the car is running hot     there's no overheating or leaking when car is just sitting overnight  having to refill water after every 500-600km

2nd
window washer water tank leaks

3rd
I have some condensation in front left head light how do i fix that ?

any help would be much appreciated 
cheers
You could have air in the system mine did this and had the same issues and no leaks,temp was ok,bleed of @ heater pipe near battery tray/scuttle you can Google as that as too long to explain.
Washer tank is a fix with JB weld or Sikaflex black or white marine grade sealer or check on TM for a used tank.
Headlights are poorly made and VERY expensive to replace,all you can do is check the seals in the lamp holders if they are stuffed you can used  electrical putty to reseal or use the heat of the lamps to dry them out ::)
1974 Porsche 914 with 2.2T 911 6cyl,
Audi a6 allroad 2007 3.0TDI stage 1 reflash ,
89 Corrado 2.0 16v, Stilauto RX 17in wheels,ABF on k/jet ,resto underway maybe up for sale ?,
2002 T4 transporter 2.5 TDI.

br344y

so i fixed 2 of the issues

window washes - hose connecting to the headlight washer had a split it it  easy fix as the pipe is same size as the garden hose

radiator loosing water- the upper radiator hose to overflow plastic joint had a small split in it  so replacing that

headlights are in pretty bad shape at the back pretty much need replacing
(or a bigger gap in it for air to flow freely like the over side seems to be doing  :-\ )
Current:
2004 S4 Avant

Prev:
1998 A4 1.8T Q

watercooled

So you are getting there,the headlamps are made by Valeo,this company makes a wide range of parts generally seen more on BMW's ,I think Audi spent the headlight fund elsewhere,cause they are crap the housings are made from bad plastic and the electrical connects for same were invented by some nasty little ba#stard,most have been munted over the years as mine are.
Bad earth and power connections have infected mine (now sorted) as the lamp connectors are made of tin foil,the lenses crazy crack @ a relatively early age,what happened to glass ????,worked good for the last 100yrs on car headlights.
There are aftermarket sets on ebay UK which look ok,but I would ask where they are made first,prices are 80-100pounds per set if I remember right.
New genuine or used are mental money,see how you go on ebay,cheers
1974 Porsche 914 with 2.2T 911 6cyl,
Audi a6 allroad 2007 3.0TDI stage 1 reflash ,
89 Corrado 2.0 16v, Stilauto RX 17in wheels,ABF on k/jet ,resto underway maybe up for sale ?,
2002 T4 transporter 2.5 TDI.