Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 3964 times)

Offline Chrismx5

Re: Hello!
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2014, 09:20:18 am »
Triple post. Because.. I can.

2009 C6 Led tails, anyone know if they fit?
This forum needs to be moar active yo.

Offline Brett

• #
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2014, 09:55:44 am »
One thing you will learn is this forum isn't really about 'stance' so much. Especially not the newer cars. Your best bet for wheel fitment is the US forums like VWvortex or Audizine. Welcome though. Cant wait to see your car finished.
Previous:MKIII Golf GL, MKIV Golf GTI, E36 325i, E36 323i, B5 S4 sedan, C32 AMG, B5 S4 avant.

Current:
Company car

Offline Chrismx5

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2014, 10:00:14 am »
Yeah - starting to notice that.. There always has to be one "special" member.
By special I mean mentally handicapped. And I am proud to take that role upon myself.

Have asked on Audizine, not much help as of yet. Suppose I will go through test fitting wheels/offset :)

Offline Brett

• #
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2014, 10:10:45 am »
Suppose I will go through test fitting wheels/offset :)

More fun that way anyway!
Previous:MKIII Golf GL, MKIV Golf GTI, E36 325i, E36 323i, B5 S4 sedan, C32 AMG, B5 S4 avant.

Current:
Company car

Offline HaNs

• ##
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2014, 11:16:56 am »

Offline Chrismx5

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2014, 09:50:35 am »
Ahh! Legend!

Hans, yeah - competition in the office, to see who can go the longest.. $100 riding on it!

Also - Just picked up some 19" wheels for cheap.
And some daytime running LEDs because I love rice.

Offline Chrismx5

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2014, 09:15:19 am »
So I shut myself down from Facebook and Forums for 2 and a half days as a competition in the office. They didn't think I could do it. But I did! :D

In that time, I have purchased wheels, purchased some valve stem caps, set up a car show, been drifting with a D1NZ driver, driven a Bentley, Oh, and also done some high speed runs with Ferraris and AMGs..

I purchased Audi A8 19 x 9 wheels so I could get the tyres, and a new look on the car for as little cost as possible. The valve stem caps seemed like a good, simple idea that will add to the theme of my car, all in the details.

I then lent a hand to set up a car show/drift even, that was freakin hard work, accompanied by driving a Bentley. damning awesome few days.

Then last night on the drive home from my friends house, I saw a Ferrari 430, so I thought I may try play with him a bit, we ended up driving 50 km further than I intended but doing off the clock runs, and just having a good time. One of those "fast and furious" moments I suppose..

Anyway.

Pictures.

Sexual looking Bel air..

That's what my gauges look like...

damning angry birds bitch.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 03:36:12 pm by Chrismx5 »

Offline Chrismx5

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2014, 10:57:14 am »
Oooh new wheels (to me)

They look good, and they are really going to fill the guards.
Pirelli Pzero goodness. Mmmmmm.

Offline Chrismx5

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2014, 02:20:51 pm »
I'm bored.

Quick question. A decat. if I do a decat on my 3.2 v6, will the ECU have any errors?

Offline Chrismx5

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2014, 08:44:54 am »

New wheels all fitted.
They look pretty damn good. I'm quite happy

Offline slowmo

• ##
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2014, 02:17:11 pm »
I'm bored.

Quick question. A decat. if I do a decat on my 3.2 v6, will the ECU have any errors?

Might get some responses if you post that in the Technical section area. But I think you will get a CEL if you do that...?
MK6 Golf GTI DSG (Hers)
MK5 Golf R32 6SPM (His)
B5 A4 TQ MTM (For Sale)

Offline Chrismx5

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2014, 02:40:56 pm »
Yeah - thanks for the heads up. That's what I had been thinking too.

Offline Chrismx5

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2014, 11:44:17 am »
Back at work, better update my thread...

Got rid of the tow bar on the weekend, thrashed the car because I can, then gave it some loving.

Emailed MTS who are meant to be doing my bagging... Well, MEANT to is the operative word here, getting pretty sick of waiting, and paying a s**t load.

So time to start getting the parts myself. Not sure if anyone has done a DIY on here yet(?) for bags, but if not, I suppose this would be a good thread to keep an eye on then.

First things first, I should warn you I have NO clue what I am doing. I am going to be taking my time doing it. For two reasons. The first, is money/budget wise.

The second, is I want to do it once, and do it right.

Between purchasing a D2 air kit, or D2 coils, then adding my own bags.

I will be doing a budget calculation tonight. Plan is to lay frame outside Giltrap Audi in time for my next service.

Offline muzzcuzz

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2014, 12:40:47 pm »
Hey Dude,

If you're looking for a good source of information regarding modifying Audis, I would definitely recommend Audi-Sport.net. This is where I get most of ideas on throwing money at my car ;). Countless build threads to read through ect ect.
Hope that helps,

Murray
2004 A3 Sport TDI
Stage 1 Remap + EGR delete
Allard EGR Delete kit
H&R 35mm lowering springs

Offline Chrismx5

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2014, 09:18:30 am »
Thank you! That's a very useful link :)

So.. I purchased a tank last night.. Hopefully it arrives in time for the long weekend, will start mocking up the first part of the build (hopefully)

So a detailing chest with the tank mounted on top is the plan.
A small draw on the bottom for microfiber towels
A cabinet above that for detailing/washing products
Then the large tank on top.
The chest will be a gloss black stained wood with polished silver handles and a black carpet insert.

Should look classy as damn.