Hello!

Started by Chrismx5, December 02, 2013, 11:00:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrismx5

Ahh! Legend!

Hans, yeah - competition in the office, to see who can go the longest.. $100 riding on it!

Also - Just picked up some 19" wheels for cheap.
And some daytime running LEDs because I love rice.

Chrismx5

So I shut myself down from Facebook and Forums for 2 and a half days as a competition in the office. They didn't think I could do it. But I did! :D

In that time, I have purchased wheels, purchased some valve stem caps, set up a car show, been drifting with a D1NZ driver, driven a Bentley, Oh, and also done some high speed runs with Ferraris and AMGs..

I purchased Audi A8 19 x 9 wheels so I could get the tyres, and a new look on the car for as little cost as possible. The valve stem caps seemed like a good, simple idea that will add to the theme of my car, all in the details.

I then lent a hand to set up a car show/drift even, that was freakin hard work, accompanied by driving a Bentley. damning awesome few days.

Then last night on the drive home from my friends house, I saw a Ferrari 430, so I thought I may try play with him a bit, we ended up driving 50 km further than I intended but doing off the clock runs, and just having a good time. One of those "fast and furious" moments I suppose..

Anyway.

Pictures.

Sexual looking Bel air..

That's what my gauges look like...

damning angry birds bitch.

Chrismx5

Oooh new wheels (to me)

They look good, and they are really going to fill the guards.
Pirelli Pzero goodness. Mmmmmm.

Chrismx5

I'm bored.

Quick question. A decat. if I do a decat on my 3.2 v6, will the ECU have any errors?

Chrismx5

New wheels all fitted.
They look pretty damn good. I'm quite happy

slowmo

Quote from: Chrismx5 on April 09, 2014, 02:20:51 PM
I'm bored.

Quick question. A decat. if I do a decat on my 3.2 v6, will the ECU have any errors?

Might get some responses if you post that in the Technical section area. But I think you will get a CEL if you do that...?
Current: 2004 MK4 R32 3-door NZ New DBP

Past: 2010 MK6 GTI / 2013 Nissan Leaf LOL / 2007 B7 RS4 / 2006 MK5 R32 / 2005 MK5 GTI / 1998 MK4 GTI / 1997 B5 A4 MTM

Chrismx5

Yeah - thanks for the heads up. That's what I had been thinking too.

Chrismx5

Back at work, better update my thread...

Got rid of the tow bar on the weekend, thrashed the car because I can, then gave it some loving.

Emailed MTS who are meant to be doing my bagging... Well, MEANT to is the operative word here, getting pretty sick of waiting, and paying a crap load.

So time to start getting the parts myself. Not sure if anyone has done a DIY on here yet(?) for bags, but if not, I suppose this would be a good thread to keep an eye on then.

First things first, I should warn you I have NO clue what I am doing. I am going to be taking my time doing it. For two reasons. The first, is money/budget wise.

The second, is I want to do it once, and do it right.

Between purchasing a D2 air kit, or D2 coils, then adding my own bags.

I will be doing a budget calculation tonight. Plan is to lay frame outside Giltrap Audi in time for my next service.

muzzcuzz

Hey Dude,

If you're looking for a good source of information regarding modifying Audis, I would definitely recommend Audi-Sport.net. This is where I get most of ideas on throwing money at my car ;). Countless build threads to read through ect ect.
Hope that helps,

Murray
2004 A3 Sport TDI
Stage 1 Remap + EGR delete
Allard EGR Delete kit
H&R 35mm lowering springs

Chrismx5

Thank you! That's a very useful link :)

So.. I purchased a tank last night.. Hopefully it arrives in time for the long weekend, will start mocking up the first part of the build (hopefully)

So a detailing chest with the tank mounted on top is the plan.
A small draw on the bottom for microfiber towels
A cabinet above that for detailing/washing products
Then the large tank on top.
The chest will be a gloss black stained wood with polished silver handles and a black carpet insert.

Should look classy as damn.

muzzcuzz

In regards to your question relating to doing a De-cat, As far as I have been made aware there are no sensors downstream of the CC to monitor its function (at least thats the story with my TDI but I doubt it will be any different with your car), so you shouldn't get any warning lights. If you do, that can be sorted with modifications to ECU software, I have an MPPS cable and accompanying software if you are in the WGTN area but this only good for extracting/loading of ECU software, so you would have to find someone who is handy with VAG Suite (or a similar program) and knows what they're doing.
Hope that helps.

Murray
2004 A3 Sport TDI
Stage 1 Remap + EGR delete
Allard EGR Delete kit
H&R 35mm lowering springs

Chrismx5

Aw yisss. A note worthy update.

I have a package. And in this package is a key player to progress. My tank.

Not a big tank, but I'm not planning on bouncing around 247 with my bags

Another picture will be chucked up later today. But things are happening.. So much win.

Chrismx5

So that's what was in the box! :D

Nice, black, small, clean... Winning.

Chrismx5

Service from Audi - $1300 damn ME.

So damned expensive man. Why do I do this.

Anywho, finally got my replacement tail light, very very easy to replace, brand new from Audi $300. Not too bad. I needed it for wof anyway.

Will install that tonight, grabbing some MDF on the way home from work to start on the tank install. Need to remove the rear section of my exhaust at some stage and give the times a nice polish up.

Chrismx5

Parked the car on a slope, and got rather excited.

My old tail light... Not looking too good...

Halfway through the replacement process..

Annnd a new one! :D

Annnnd the mock up of the tank..

Yeah, not going to be going there.. On that angle at least.. I needs moar wood.

The tail light took me around 20 minutes to do with a lot of fluffing around. I was quoted 1.5 hours by Giltrap Audi. Time to get them to explain to me how it can take 4.5 times as long as what I took..

Or I might get a job at Audi and start ripping people off.

Chrismx5

I love it when you come back from smoko and this is on your desk :)

Annnnd

Chrismx5

With the car being all about the details, that means NOTHING will be overlooked, including these air fittings. The threaded end will be painted a high gloss black, with the nut shaped part painted the same purple as the bolts pictured.

Chrismx5

I mentioned on the VASK facebook page that I was repairing my old curbed wheels.

Unfortunately, me being as lazy as I am, I still haven't finished them!

However, I can give you a run down of the process that I went through to come to this (still not finished).

So, the wheel originally looked like this..

Pretty damn scratched up hey?

Went to good old supercheap auto, picked up some body filler (AKA BOG) and got to work.

The first step, was mentally preparing myself to paint the wheels instead of leaving them in the brushed metal finish that they did originally have.
Once you have done that you can get some sandpaper.
I started with 250 grit, and just roughed up around the curbing and the area of which I need to repair.
That took about half a day to dry (I didn't check it probably took 2 hours)
Once dried, I got ballsy, and attacked it with some course 100 grit paper, this then brought the bog down very quickly to a flat surface to match the wheels.
I cleaned it all up working my way up to 800 grit wet and dry paper to get a smoothish surface, once this had been achieved I brought out the primer.

Sprayed on some primer, 800 grit wet sand again, and then attacked it with the white paint.

I will be able to give further details when I get motivation.

r3con

Keep up the build thread bro, its half the reason I joined this forum  :)

We need more peeps looking at modding these in NZ.

Brett

Haha, he gave up.....
Previous:MKIII Golf GL, MKIV Golf GTI, E36 325i, E36 323i, B5 S4 sedan, C32 AMG, B5 S4 avant, BMW 740iL, MKV Golf Gti 2dr.

Current:
Company car
Weekend toy-2007 Golf Gti Edition 30