vacuum line diagram

Started by hartster, February 04, 2005, 03:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hartster

Can't find a vacuum line diagram for the 16v (KR/PL) in my Mitchell or Bentley manuals. why? why?

Does anyone have a link to a diagram or a manual with one? Anything? Have searched in Vortex and Club GTi but nothing doing.

Ta

hartster

Am i being thick here? Am i correct in saying that all the vacuum hook ups should be connected on the same circuit, with no leaks?

robh

they do differ, some are different sizes.

for example brake servo vacuum feed is larger than say fuel pressure regulator and something like a dump valve is larger than a fuel pressure regulator but smaller than a brake servo.  no easy answer I'm afraid.

on the vr6 the brake servo has a seperate feed to the fuel pressure regulator, but then feed for the brake servo also tees off to some other parts, again no easy answer.

are you able to list all the parts that require a vacuum feed and then work through them logically?
Daily Driver - VW Touareg V8 TDI 2012 "towing beast"
Too Many Cars - Lotus Elise S 2013 "tangerine dream"
Project Car - Golf VR6 Turbo "built not bought"
Wifes - Audi S4 Avant 2012 "I want a white car that sounds nice"

hartster

cool - all sorted thanks - there is an aftermarket vacuum unit that belonged to the (now removed) air con that was confusing me. Once i ignore that its all very obvious, thanks to gfunk for sorting that for me.

Ta