UR Quattro / Black / Red Leather WB9588

Started by GroupbA2rob, May 21, 2006, 09:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orggti

Quote from: RichardS on May 23, 2006, 09:49:34 PM
Hi Guys:

Answers to some of your questions.  A considerable amount has been spent over the last few years; new head and valves, injectors, radiators, some wheel bearing's, brake "bomb", most hoses etc ...  The suspension is not bent it's just worn out.  I expect that it is probably a bit to good to wreck and worth somewhat more than $5K.

The attached photo was taken about 6 months ago - it's been outside in the weather most of the time since then. 

Once again give me a call if you are interested (021) 522 334.

EEEEk Im not trying to be rude here but from the sounds of it you have spent about 10 grand on it since you got it and are now just leaving it out in the rain!!!! WHY? Most of us dream of a car like this. Why dont you have it in the garage? and how come you dont do the suspension if you have done all that other stuff? And a rust hole and its still out in the rain! :'( :'( :'( Poor URQ poor Baby

83Quattro

Hi all,

I'm one of the quiet users of this site and hope you don't mind me chiming in on this conversation.

I've got an have an unhealthy obsession with Ur-q's and recently bought a red urq from Auckland, which I drove down to Welly (Simons I believe). I bought it with my father a few months back, and let go of my '87 GT Coupe. Unfortunately he's no longer able to work on it, and I don't have the time or tools where I am now to work on it either :'(

I've been in two minds as to whether to suspend the registration again and hold it in storage, or sell it to a good home. I see you guys are talking about project Ur-q's so if anyone is interested I'd be happy to discuss.

I haven't done much with it to date. Registered, WOF, re-cored the radiator and found a spoiler on ebay in the UK (it looks like a cat with it's tail cut off at the moment). Doing this car up ain't going to be cheap though. There are half a dozen spots on the body where I'd like to get the rust cut out. And the trim at the front is cracked. That's just the body work. It's done a lot of k's so I am planning to get the engine completely reconditioned ($  :o $).

Anyway, if anyone is really interested just reply to this posting I guess.

Cheers,
Justin.

RS ZWEI

Quote from: oldaudi on June 29, 2006, 01:11:19 PM
Hi all,

I'm one of the quiet users of this site and hope you don't mind me chiming in on this conversation.

I've got an have an unhealthy obsession with Ur-q's and recently bought a red urq from Auckland, which I drove down to Welly (Simons I believe). I bought it with my father a few months back, and let go of my '87 GT Coupe. Unfortunately he's no longer able to work on it, and I don't have the time or tools where I am now to work on it either :'(

I've been in two minds as to whether to suspend the registration again and hold it in storage, or sell it to a good home. I see you guys are talking about project Ur-q's so if anyone is interested I'd be happy to discuss.

I haven't done much with it to date. Registered, WOF, re-cored the radiator and found a spoiler on ebay in the UK (it looks like a cat with it's tail cut off at the moment). Doing this car up ain't going to be cheap though. There are half a dozen spots on the body where I'd like to get the rust cut out. And the trim at the front is cracked. That's just the body work. It's done a lot of k's so I am planning to get the engine completely reconditioned ($  :o $).

Anyway, if anyone is really interested just reply to this posting I guess.

Cheers,
Justin.

I might have a man for you, Ill look into it.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

GroupbA2rob

Good luck, 

Just take your time on the restore. I was reading an article in the latest classic and sports car "UK" mag, and they were saying that the values of the ER & UR Quattros are begining to rise. Infact there seems to be such a demand for well maintained and looked after Quattros they are selling well above the usual classic car auctions prices.

So if its done right, you will have a fantastic asset at the end of it

83Quattro

It's a real project car - it's at The Chequered Flag in Petone. I've had the engine taken out for a quote on getting it reconditioned.

Meantime my father passed away, as it was a joint project (and he had the expertise!) I now don't have the required passion for it to do all the work required.

I will be selling it for $5K so if you're interested let me know.

Justin.

orggti

Sorry about your Dad brother :'( My mummy died too and its sad.

Duncan

Justin,

Is the engine going back in? Did it run before? You selling with the spoiler?
If I had the garage space I would *definitely* be interested, but may have some interest anyway. WOF / rego?

Duncan

83Quattro

Hi Duncan,

I sent you a message with more detail. If you're still interested please let me know. I'll be placing it on trademe this weekend.

Cheers,
Justin

RichardS

Duncan:

I still have my black URQ available (Reg WB9588) as pictured on the previous page.  I am looking for $11K.  If you, or anyone else, are interested please send me a PM with your phone number and I will give you a call to discuss.

Regards:

Richard

GroupbA2rob

Hi Richard,

Have you considered selling the Black UR at the Turners Classic car auctions, or perhaps placing a advert on Ebay.com, there seems to be a couple there at present, just type in the search engine at www.ebay.com - ur quattro.

I still believe the UR you have is unique, as black is rare on these, good luck!!

Rob

GroupbA2rob

Richard, any luck in selling your black ur?

RichardS

Rob:

To be fair I haven't actively tried to sell it.

While it does need a bit of TLC, I still believe it's still a good buy for just $11K.

Cheers:

Richard

GroupbA2rob

Hi Richard,

11k for a Black UR, sounds like a fairly decent price, unfortunately mate I'm a slave to the bank '' Bloody Mortgage's '', otherwise I would be keen.

Cheers Rob

1joe

Hey Justin, do you still have your quattro?

John Stone

Quote from: Spinner on December 22, 2006, 08:52:39 PM
Anyone know if the black UrQ is still around?...available?

Give Richard a call (021) 522 334. taupoq was going to have a look at it a couple of weeks back.... Not sure if he went ahead with the deal.

John
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

taupoq

Unfortunatly other events prevented me from going to have a look.

Period_Correct_

1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

GroupbA2rob

UR quattros etc, has there been many if any stripped / wrecked for parts in NZ

John Stone

Must be at least 2. GlenT in the SI had his last car stolen/written off and one of the Alfa drivers at Puke told me he wrote his mates one off also. I commiserated with him and pointed out how his mate should be grateful considering how much money it was going to save the buddy in the long run  ;)
Would be interesting to know where the remains went to?

John
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5