UR Quattro / Black / Red Leather WB9588

Started by GroupbA2rob, May 21, 2006, 09:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GroupbA2rob

Hello there, New member here, It seems you guys are in the know about all the UR Quattros out there. Can anyone tell me where MY EX Black 85 with red leather trim is these days. I owned it for around two years. Have since brought another one, but obviously curios as to what happened to it. I sold it to a Audi fan who lived in Tauranga back in 02.

Cheers Rob

RS ZWEI

Welcome to the forum.

Are your old and new ur quattros both 10vs?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

GroupbA2rob

Hi there, Thats right, the black UR was a 10v, my current MB is also a 10v but non turbo. I bought the 88 quattro coupe of trademe about 4 months ago, and has to be one of the tidiest  around with a complete filed history from its first owner through to me

John Stone

Quote from: GroupbA2rob on May 21, 2006, 10:53:31 PM
Hi there, Thats right, the black UR was a 10v, my current MB is also a 10v but non turbo. I bought the 88 quattro coupe of trademe about 4 months ago, and has to be one of the tidiest  around with a complete filed history from its first owner through to me

Hey Rob, welcome along....
Your old car was on the market late last year, probably sold by now. The owner, Richard, I think his name is, lives in Te Puke and although we talked, I never caught up with him while he owned it. It looked a treat.
Your normally aspirated coupe quattro has the KV engine, the MB engine type is the hydraulic lifter/smaller turbo/higher compression/different ecu/orange digidash version of your original WR engine quattro and shares the same body style with the larger wheels and bigger guards etc.

John
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

GroupbA2rob

Hi John,

Thanks for letting me know, Yes she was a beauty, I bought it off Rex.

Cheers Rob

RichardS

Rob/John:

I still have the Black UR down here in Papamoa.  However, it's not getting used much these days as I have purchased an A6 V8.

If anyone wants to make me a half decent offer I will let it go - just give me a call on (021) 522 334.  I must say that it needs some attention though.  It has a rust patch below one of the rear side windows, a noisy 4th gear and the suspension is shot.

GroupbA2rob

Hi there, Sorry to hear things arent so good at present with the Black UR, Im sure theres someone who would buy it as a project. Have you done anything with it since you bought it.

How bad is the rust?

Duncan

Yeah, got any pics? And what ballpark figure would you be looking for? There are a few of us on here that would love to get our hands on a project Ur...!

Duncan

Suspension is shot? Just springs and shocks ar stuffed or are control arms / balljoints etc shot too? Bent bits?

spooln

The last 10v UR project was on the market for around the $5k mark about 1-2 months ago (Simons red one). Unless you do it your self they are very expensive to do up to top standard. Is this a realistic number for you?
77 CS1 Fiat Spider. 78 Mk1 Scirocco. 83 Mk1 GTI. 12 Abarth 595C Competizione. 18 Golf R. 20 Kodiaq vRS

John Stone

Suspension isn't hugely expensive, I've just bought a pair of Bilsteins from the USA for about $500 including airfreight. Also got a set of Superpro A Arm bushes for $175.00 from Basil in Christchurch. When I did the front, I also bought new subframe and sway bar bushes so that added about $200 more. All up,about $1600 worth of parts in total.
Now, if you need a new brake servo...... that'll set you back $1K :(. Or a new cylinder head, $3K :o
And of course, Audi, in their infinite wisdom are not replacing some out of stock parts, like the brake m/cylinder for the WR, and taillight lenses.... :'(

John
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

GroupbA2rob

Would you consider wrecking the UR for parts, I would be keen on buying the front bumper if it was going? Just a thought

RichardS

Hi Guys:

Answers to some of your questions.  A considerable amount has been spent over the last few years; new head and valves, injectors, radiators, some wheel bearing's, brake "bomb", most hoses etc ...  The suspension is not bent it's just worn out.  I expect that it is probably a bit to good to wreck and worth somewhat more than $5K.

The attached photo was taken about 6 months ago - it's been outside in the weather most of the time since then. 

Once again give me a call if you are interested (021) 522 334.

bigbumper

Such an awesome looking car and that is a great angle.... 8)  it certainly looks like its worth more than $5k

Duncan

Richard, will tryto get in touch over the weekend, but in the meantime, do we have a list of specs or does anyone know much about this Ur? Year, engine type etc? Interior in decent state?
And what ballpark are we talking about here? Initial description made it sound bad/cheap, pic and comments make it seem more expensive? Are we ballpark of $10k? $20k?
I may be interested if it is cheap(ish). Thanks for any feedback guys...
Duncan

RichardS

Duncan:

It's a WR, 1986 from memory, body is not perfect but reasonable considering age, interior is red leather and is in above average condition considering age, green digital dash, all wheels and tyres are good/excellent, one electric window not working - as is typical, needs good tune up and some TLC. My expecations are closer to $10K than $20K.  If you give me a call and I can email you some photos.

Cheers:

Richard

urq20v

I owned this car for a short time several years ago,then sold it to Rob.The red leather was a custom job done in Wellington for the previous owner to me.I think it cost him about $3800.00 for the complete job!!

Mike

I'm always in two minds about these cars. First I think about the hammering my wallet took while I owned one (and think I won't have another one), then I think about how there is nothing in the world like one to drive and how all that money was worth it (and in my case nothing serious went wrong!) and how maybe I should buy another one. I used to think I was indecisive, now I'm not so sure.

I drove the WR I once owned years ago last weekend - it reminded me that despite the presence of much newer and faster stuff, there is absolutely nothing like an Ur-quattro. 

I hope you get it and continue the good work of previous owners. Good luck.

GroupbA2rob

Im pretty sure when I bought it off Rex, it was an 85. The car apart from a few small things went well, I replaced the brake master cylinder  but mainly sold it because I didnt have anywhere to store it, top car otherwise

John Stone

I've just got mine back on the road after a bit of minor work - nothing expensive this time, just checking and refitting hoses to chase the boost loss. Pretty sure I've got on top of it too! The mid power boost brings a grin from ear to ear and the way it comes on song....

John
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5