Vr5 ur?

Started by 00quattro00, January 13, 2014, 04:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

00quattro00

Thoughts on a 20v vr5 engine in a wr ur?

Will be turbo ofcourse
Land Rover Discovery 300tdi
Land Rover 110 4bd1t

wilco

Great idea! Will have the slight offbeat of the 5 but better weight distribution. Hell yeah. 6-speed no doubt?

00quattro00

Quote from: wilco on January 13, 2014, 05:17:19 PM
Great idea! Will have the slight offbeat of the 5 but better weight distribution. Hell yeah. 6-speed no doubt?

016 for the time being,

These things are super short so will have plenty of room for an intercooler. Will be interesting to weigh the vr5, cant see to find that much info on it.

We did consider an 07k but at this point in time they are just too much $$$
Land Rover Discovery 300tdi
Land Rover 110 4bd1t

M

Good idea, always wanted to put one in something but couldn't work out the right car. No point putting one in a Golf when VR6 fits anyway but I can see the point in a Ur or other longitudinal car.
Too much power is almost enough.

ranton-inc

Quote from: 00quattro00 on January 13, 2014, 05:41:47 PM
016 for the time being,

These things are super short so will have plenty of room for an intercooler. Will be interesting to weigh the vr5, cant see to find that much info on it.

We did consider an 07k but at this point in time they are just too much $$$

from memory i weighed a complete VR5 with auto attached it was all in 245kg?

zrossa

Mike is talking about my project. I will weigh both  the vr5 and the original ur engine when i get started. I really want to get rid of some of the clutter in the engine bay and have modern injection and so forth.I have roughly figured out that it will pick me up at least 150mm more room up front. Managed to score a complete passat ( anyone need some parts ....let me know) so it shouldn't cost to much. I will have to fab up some manifolds but i am not aiming for big boost on this set up. will be happy with 300 odd bhp...for a while anyway. Some where in the back of the dark side of my mind is the idea of offset grinding the crank, custom rods and maybe a 2.9 lt VR5.......mwahahahha

Cheers,

Douglas

slowburn

any pics of this bad boy kicking around,loving the idea
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

zrossa

Pretty much looks like a lowered standard ur at the moment. Just finishing up my targa 26z v8 at the moment hen i will get stuck in.....the Zed has taken 9 years mind you.