Dyno Day - Comments on BDY909

Started by Lunar7, June 10, 2006, 07:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunar7

After My experience Today, I would recommend that anyone planning to chip/remap there car do a baseline dyno run first.

One possible cause of my "problems" could be a failed/failing N75 boost control valve,  If i had stuck to the plan and run a baseline before getting the remap done I would have found that problem and would know if it's the N75 or the Map.

In doing some reseach on the web it seems its possible for the N75 to fail in a number of way's

Open - Waste gate open = No boost
intermittent - Unable to control boost = surging
Closed - - waste gate closed = overboost boost

The plan at this stage is that the company who remapped are going to come back and check the N75 and if its faulty replace it.  If its OK then we put the car back to standard !!!

RS ZWEI

Lunar7, what is the company you used to remap your car?

I thought your car was going to be the baseline for the S3s?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

hitmanGTI

Quote from: Golfboy666GTI on June 11, 2006, 08:03:48 AM
Lunar7, what is the company you used to remap your car?

I thought your car was going to be the baseline for the S3s?

It was supposed to be... Lunar7 decided he wanted to jump on the band wagon..

Probably best not to name the tuners at this stage..

as it maybe actual componentry on the car that is buggerd and nothing to do with the mapping itself..

R32 Simon

Some interesting results on the S3?s

I have just pulled out my two graphs on Debs car

131.5 kws with the cat pipe/Miltek & the samco hoses

143.5 Kws with the AMD one click

It will be good when Robin gets all this software and can Dyno and chip your car to get it running properly

S3NZ

Do you guys want a baseline Dyno test? I tested my stock standard S3 at Torque Performance a few months back. I can dig it out, scan it and post it if you like.
2010 VW Golf GTI
2007 S3 (SOLD)
2000 S3 (SOLD)
1971 VW Beetle (OLD)

Lunar7

Quote from: S3NZ on June 15, 2006, 05:58:08 PM
Do you guys want a baseline Dyno test? I tested my stock standard S3 at Torque Performance a few months back. I can dig it out, scan it and post it if you like.

yes Please !!!!!

What model ? 155 or 165 ??

S3NZ

Quote from: Lunar7 on June 15, 2006, 05:59:13 PM
yes Please !!!!!

What model ? 155 or 165 ??

Mine is a 210/155. Dyno-ing it was an interesting experience. The A/F ratio caused some alarm among the guys running the dyno, they thought it was way too low and even noted it on the print out. I later spoke to Hans at Giltraps about it and he said that, compared to Japanese cars, Audis do run far leaner/more efficiently and this often causes raised eyebrows at Dyno time. It was good to hear this, have (hopefully) attached a jpeg. Cheers.
2010 VW Golf GTI
2007 S3 (SOLD)
2000 S3 (SOLD)
1971 VW Beetle (OLD)

SimonS2

Quote from: S3NZ on June 18, 2006, 10:28:34 PM
... Audis do run far leaner/more efficiently and this often causes raised eyebrows at Dyno time....
..I thought stock Audi's tended to run quite rich in the higher revs (helps cool things down and give longer life). Tuners tend to lean things out a bit for more HP, but less longevity.
ANyway, I'm probably wrong about an S3 as I'm living in the 5-cylinder past.

eddyg

Quote from: R32 Simon on June 11, 2006, 11:43:31 AM
Some interesting results on the S3?s

I have just pulled out my two graphs on Debs car

131.5 kws with the cat pipe/Miltek & the samco hoses

143.5 Kws with the AMD one click

It will be good when Robin gets all this software and can Dyno and chip your car to get it running properly

FYI. I got 142 with the APR chip only (Samco, FMIC and Exhaust all added later)

Cheers, Ed.

S3NZ

Not sure of the exact details as far as A/F goes. Just what I was told. Will look into it.  :)
2010 VW Golf GTI
2007 S3 (SOLD)
2000 S3 (SOLD)
1971 VW Beetle (OLD)