Previous topic - Next topic

eek

whats this option thingy?
6 (60%)
same bro?
4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 7

orggti

I put my new sach clutch in and now its slipping still........................................................arrrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh.
its either the clutch itself or the slave master hydralic part.
But i removed the INSANE roll pin and that silly bit of wire and stuck a bolt in there so it was easyier to remove later if i had too.
I think this may be the problem! I read in the manual that the wire is a "tentioning" wire so the slave cylynder must move back and forth a couple of mm to adjust the clutch over its life ::) OH MY GOD so ive got to go back to my yard and see if i still have the pion and wire.....................................OH MY GOD oh well It not like we were going away on holiday for the week around the east cape again, and that the clutch completely failed at Nagtea, and was gona cost $300 to get back :'( but it cooled down and it just holds at very light throttle so we made it back. i go see if i can find the right bits and pray its not to glazed and burnt to give me a few years motoring :P It will be ok if it is the roll pin thingy.........................there so hard to get at ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) like really really hard >:D

Period_Correct_

1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

orggti

The roll pin is the same size as the bolt i put through and i can move the slave back and forth a couple of thou as well.
I actually cant really see what the wire "tentioner" does now either ??? ::) Stupid audis.
It says in the haynes that you cant bleed the clutch the normal way because of the way it works. So maybe it pushes the rod forward but also sucks it back? As theres not to much in the way of return springs?
Anyway even if that wasnt working its just a very light spring in the slave pushing the rod out so the release bearing would just run gently on the pressure plate, as i say i can wiggle it a wee bit so its not bound by the rod being hard back. I dunno.
It shifts perfectly and if you dont power it its fine, I got all the way back home and even up the bombay hill in 3rd I might have made it in 4th but didnt want to spin it as it did fail completely when hot. It might be a dud pressure plate? I didnt get the pressure plate ground but it had no wear or cracks or blueing or anything.
Looks like its gona have to come out :'(

John Stone

Quote from: orggti on June 14, 2006, 06:00:11 PM
Looks like its gonna have to come out :'(
Ouch.
Jem, try asking on the quattroforum - even Rex has popped up there now ;)

John
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

orggti

wot a retarded way the hydralic system works on a 200 >:( I dunno if ive fixed it or not ..................because now its not even running. Its either the dizzy crapped out or one of the sender things that triggers the fuel pump, i dunno I gotta pay my sparky to find out.
Did i tell you the starter failed as well.
Thank god i didnt register it even tho i did get the screen fitted, which was a great thing as it only cost $130.
i got my wof too.
But its not going now

Pushbutton_auto

the new audiman mechanic offered to help but he said there were many words not in his translation dictionary.

If you explain the first problem more clearer he may be able to offer an opinion.

the pin and wire bit I think.

If you need a hand otherwise give me a yell.   
Beating up parking wardens ain't a crime.

John Stone

Quote from: orggti on June 18, 2006, 05:10:11 PM
wot a retarded way the hydralic system works on a 200 >:( I dunno if ive fixed it or not ..................because now its not even running. Its either the dizzy crapped out or one of the sender things that triggers the fuel pump, i dunno I gotta pay my sparky to find out.
Did i tell you the starter failed as well.
Thank god i didnt register it even tho i did get the screen fitted, which was a great thing as it only cost $130.
i got my wof too.
But its not going now
Does the 200 engine have sensors on the flywheel - the WR certainly does (2 of them) and if you ping one off.....it will not go >:(

John
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

Pushbutton_auto

Quote from: John Stone on June 18, 2006, 05:32:52 PM
Does the 200 engine have sensors on the flywheel - the WR certainly does (2 of them) and if you ping one off.....it will not go >:(

John
Is that a safeguard against an unbalanced flywheel ? 

orggti

yea its got sensors. Dont worry Il get it fixed, it may be a faulty timing sensor and thats what they are Mark one is for ignition timing the other for the rev counter. I am having the dizzy tested today and then will get the sparky round to help me if thats ok. I have the manual as well which has hours of testing fun to do.

As for the pin and wire thing .....................I think you either know cause youve worked for audi or you dont. I dont think its that. Its hopefully just the way its bleed. I may have fixed it but cant tell cause it wouldnt start ::)

orggti

Oh. It was the dizzy, i replaced that and it still didnt run even tho it had spark now so i swapped the relay with just a four prong one and the fuel pump started and away she goes. Anoying tho as i want it to go with the proper five pin relay cause its safer. Its not the relay its something to do with the fith terminal being triggered by the coil, ECU? i hope not.
And the clutch has stopped slipping all on its own! maybe it was as Rex said, that some fluid was in behind a seal were its not supposed to be and it finally just seeped through and fully released. Im still gona replace the master cylynder and ive got it now.
I got a new 200, its a auto one, goes real well but is dereged sadly. Auto is fine and has new gearbox bushes, clean fluid and no metallic particals. Engine is really smooth too 191000kms nice interior as well and body, real shame to wreak it but? its not really worth getting it legal. I feel like putting the engine in my one :P if i ever got the time :-\

orggti

Well I fitted a new master cylynder and managed to bleed the clutch by taking the hose that goes to the brake resivour off and shoving a big syringe full of fluid onto it and then opening the nipple and getting a mate to push on the syringe. Its worked ok but the stupid pedal would still stick to the floor sometimes. its a crappy mess under the dash how they have made the clutch pedal operate and the rod dosent push down on the M/C evenly and it bends off to the side a bit ::) nothing i could do so i put a bungy cord down there as an extra return spring. It works. Tho of course the clutch is slipping again >:( I cannot belive how much time and hassel doing this clutch job has been. i love my 200 but boy do I also hate it, every time i start the thing a new problem occurs.
I think im going to have to remove the slave again, (not to hard as i have a drift holding it in instead of a retarded roll pin at the mo) and grind a bit off the end of the actuating rod. And the whole time im thinking "why cant they just do it like a normal car"

But yea you bleed it up using a big syringe for those who ever have to face such a nightmare.

Pristle

.....mmmmm your 200 sounds like my sons. He doesn't have time, know how and more importantly the money to do anything at the mo'.

orggti

I ground off some of the rod and its stopped slipping but after going down the motorway and then coming up the the lights in nuteral it started making a bad vibration noise :P Im guessing the slave was now vibrating back and forth in the sleve with the thrust bearign just very very lightly brushing against it causing this, then the bungy must have slipped up and not been working properly so the damn pedal stuck the the floor again. "This car is cursed" I said to my darling. It kept going tho and i got home and the vibration has stopped. I will attach  the bungy better and low and behold my audi has a new clutch and goes finally.
Oh yea i installed my 15'' sub and grunty 6x9s in it over this time as well and Im the nice guy cruising along at 50ks with Slayer playing at full volume ;)

orggti

Good god this car is a prick. i have now discovered that the rubber hose going to my slave has a leak in it. Ive got another one thank gooness on the 90 quattro you gave me Pristle. Hopefully I will get a good pedal after that!!! then i will just have wheather it decides to slip again (it wont I dont think) after I shortened that rod and if its still gona make that awful chattering noise that sounds like the actuating lever rattling around on something ??? The whole thing is dreadful, im sick of it. Ive still gotta do the power steer leak and the waterpump is still dripping away abit too. Its not like I dont spend the time on that car man :P Ill get there I guess but the jambore is off for the audi.

orggti

Well dunno if anybody follows this post, but today i replaced the rubber hose going to the slave cylynder and bledd the system again. Pedal feels great and returns much much better. But the stupid thing still makes this crazy vibration when i change on revs.
  If its idling the clutch pedal works perfectly but if i rev the car then put my foot down it make a granch like gears being granched even tho im not touching the gearstick. I think i have ground too much off the rod? And its vibrating back and forth for a sec on first contact?
I only did 2mm and i feel the fluid would push the rod gently onto the thrust all thge time so i cant really understand it. Or its the thrust bearing is crap. I had sat around, but was new and wasnt rusty or anything. Its not slipping tho and i can drive it, its fine for cruising, and the noise whilst bad dosent seem to get worse (yet) so im gona leave it as the next thing is the box out again. Im mentally prepared for it.

I also had founfd that one of the steel high pressure lines running to the booster had rubbed all the way through and was leaking hydralic steering fluid. so i removed it and welded up the tube, works great now but was a nightmare to do as well, those threads are so hard to get to back there and get started sometimes >:(
But yea its going. :)

hitmanGTI

Quote from: orggti on October 21, 2006, 05:55:06 PM
Well dunno if anybody follows this post

Yes jem we have been .. we do care about you man! jeeezzz!!!

Pushbutton_auto

Aye, am reading it,  tho with a little trepidation. 

Andrei

im not reading coz u write too much stuff at once:) lol i just read the first fraze and then skip

orggti

Young people have no attention span these days ::)
And thanks Anton, youve been good lately sorry I got so annoyed before.
Poor Pushbutton, I so hope it dosent happen to your audi!

AND its undriveable, starts making a terrible noise at about 100ks and has started making a rattleing noise all the time. Good tho a s now if i take it all apart I should be able to actually see whats causing all the problems...........................cause if I pull it apart and put it back together and it still does it, I will be a bit miffed.

GTI's