A3 1.8T lag or hesitation jolt on light throttle.

Started by MJB1, February 09, 2014, 05:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJB1

Hello
We purchased a 2007 A3 1.8T (excellent car)and are experiencing a lag or hesitation jolt on light throttle.
A good example, if your rolling slowly up to an intersection and want to keep going you get the feeling that the car is never going to move..... takes more pedal than you think to get rpms up. Or reversing into a carpark you need to have one foot on the brake the other the accelerator.
We have replaced the Air Flow sensor/meter which has improved the problem but not completely.
We were wondering if anyone has experienced this problem?

Thank you
Mike

Trofeo

Sounds like it has the dsg gearbox and if so it could be more a gearbox issue than engine.
2015 Amarok 4WD auto
2018 Golf R-Line Tsi

watercooled

Quote from: MJB1 on February 09, 2014, 05:54:02 PM
Hello
We purchased a 2007 A3 1.8T (excellent car)and are experiencing a lag or hesitation jolt on light throttle.
A good example, if your rolling slowly up to an intersection and want to keep going you get the feeling that the car is never going to move..... takes more pedal than you think to get rpms up. Or reversing into a carpark you need to have one foot on the brake the other the accelerator.
We have replaced the Air Flow sensor/meter which has improved the problem but not completely.
We were wondering if anyone has experienced this problem?

Thank you
Mike

Mike I had the same issue have you done throttle body adaption procedure?,google it ,simple to do ,sorted my car,cheers.
1974 Porsche 914 with 2.2T 911 6cyl,
Audi a6 allroad 2007 3.0TDI stage 1 reflash ,
89 Corrado 2.0 16v, Stilauto RX 17in wheels,ABF on k/jet ,resto underway maybe up for sale ?,
2002 T4 transporter 2.5 TDI.

MJB1

Thankyou for your feedback. I will look into this. Thankyou Mike

MJB1

Hi
Thankyou. Have undertaken the Body Adaption Procedure.
We still have the same jolt when you first take off on light throttle. Has any one else may have a suggested fix?
Thankyou
Mike

MJB1

the vehicle A3 2007 1.8T Tiptronic 70,000km's.

GLIDN

helped someone with a A3 1.8T around 7 weeks ago, exact same symptoms.
No error codes logged. But turned out to be Manifold Air Pressure Sensor top left of engine from memory.
There after the car drove like a complete dream. I'm not saying this is your solutions but a very likely cause.
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning