What does ISOFIX look like and does my 2003 S3 have them?

Started by eddyg, July 05, 2006, 11:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddyg

Hi,

On occasion I want to fit a baby seat in my S3. I was hoping to use ISOFIX rather than the seat belts. Does anyone know whether ISOFIX is standard on S3s or whether I have to get it fitted? I'm not sure what to look for in the seat, nothing is obvious..

Cheers, Ed.

dimistyle

If you can't see anything obvious under the seats you probably don't have them installed. My 2003 Passat doesn't have them either :o.

Just get the child seat anchor point installed onto the rear of the seat as VAG recommend. This way you can install any NZAUS standard childseat into you S3 anytime you need to. Most installers should only take an hour to do this.

Anyone know any recommended installers in CHCH, or do RETRO have a branch down south?

Neil_Corrado

ISOFIX isn't anything obvious. If you like PM me your chassis number or registration number and I can tell you.

dimistyle, you can retro fit ISOFIX to your Passat if you dont have it.

Neil

eddyg

Quote from: Neil on July 05, 2006, 12:51:58 PM
ISOFIX isn't anything obvious. If you like PM me your chassis number or registration number and I can tell you.

dimistyle, you can retro fit ISOFIX to your Passat if you dont have it.

Neil

Hi Neil,

I lifted the seat bottom up and I see two little blue bars at the back, are they ISOFIX? Or are they just anchor points for where ISOFIX goes.. I'll PM you my details I guess for confirmation.

I've got a second car (Toyota Granvia Van), is it possible to retrofit ISOFXI to that as well?

Thanks for your help - I'm quite new to this baby thing :)

Cheers, Ed.

Neil_Corrado

Quote from: eddyg on July 05, 2006, 01:15:22 PM
Hi Neil,

I lifted the seat bottom up and I see two little blue bars at the back, are they ISOFIX? Or are they just anchor points for where ISOFIX goes.. I'll PM you my details I guess for confirmation.

I've got a second car (Toyota Granvia Van), is it possible to retrofit ISOFXI to that as well?

Thanks for your help - I'm quite new to this baby thing :)

Cheers, Ed.

The little blue bars are the ISOFIX anchors, the seat clips over those to secure it to the cars chassis.
I doubt you could fit it to the Toyota, as the anchor points need to be mounted to the chassis. The beauty of the AUDI/VW ISOFIX seats is that they can be used in non ISOFIX cars with the seat belt.

dimistyle

Thanks Neil, yeah I though about installing ISOFIX, but ended up buying a baby Factory carseat so it wasn't required in the end. Maybe when we need to go to a booster seat we can look at it again, as there are some nice Recaro/Momo and VAG seats available. ;D

beeker

I had ISOFIX ancor points installed into our A4 Lemans. We then purchased a AU made Britax baby seat (with overstrap)
and got the optional additional ISOFIX strap. Its a good combination and way safer than pretty much all other setups that i have seen.

note, a friend of ours purchased a jap import golf, and that had isofix ancor points already.

14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback