Mark 4 Owners must be shy ...

Started by PRM, February 10, 2005, 09:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRM

I've watched this section of the forum, waiting for helpful hints, general fixes and hot bits ... it's all rather dry isn't it.

After UK MkIV (English) & VWVortex (American) I was hoping that the good old Kiwi knowhow and number 8 wire (called the K wire here I suppose) would be all over the show.

I envy the R32'ers and even look sideways at the V6's. I worry a lot about the turbos, but there must be someone out there that does more than polish it!? God, you have to, we have one of the better shapes, the potential to be a good enjoyable & fun car so isn't someone in NZ adding cruise control at night!? Or even the polo back wiper?

At least I know some are daring - a vagcom cable is for sale on this forum - so I put my plea in now; when you have brought it, upgraded the software, know what all the codes are and can remap (and give me an additional 20 bhp and make my climate control tell me how may misfires I've had in the last month) with one hand behind your back - invite me around for a beer one weekend.

I'm shocked, we even have to share the slot with the new beetle - we must have something to say.

Cheers ... PRM

cy

we use to have 1 Gti 1.8T owner which had quite a  bit of mods to it, but car got totalled.  waiting for new car now

dubstar

Quote from: PRM on February 10, 2005, 09:01:13 PM
God, you have to, we have one of the better shapes,

One of the better shapes of golf ???

Rankings of "shape" (and this is an internationally accepted benchmark)

1st Mk1
2nd Mk2
3rd= Mk3,4,5
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

RS ZWEI

I've watched this section of the forum, waiting for helpful hints, general fixes and hot bits ... it's all rather dry isn't it.

After UK MkIV (English) & VWVortex (American) I was hoping that the good old Kiwi knowhow and number 8 wire (called the K wire here I suppose) would be all over the show.

I envy the R32'ers and even look sideways at the V6's. I worry a lot about the turbos, but there must be someone out there that does more than polish it!? God, you have to, we have one of the better shapes, the potential to be a good enjoyable & fun car so isn't someone in NZ adding cruise control at night!? Or even the polo back wiper?

At least I know some are daring - a vagcom cable is for sale on this forum - so I put my plea in now; when you have brought it, upgraded the software, know what all the codes are and can remap (and give me an additional 20 bhp and make my climate control tell me how may misfires I've had in the last month) with one hand behind your back - invite me around for a beer one weekend.

I'm shocked, we even have to share the slot with the new beetle - we must have something to say.

Cheers ... PRM

Go along to a Tuesday night meeting if you are in Auckland. You will be surprised in what people on here know about VAG cars.

Ask a question on here about something Mk4 and Im sure you will get an answer.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

bsting

Quote from: dubstar on February 11, 2005, 07:59:37 AM
God, you have to, we have one of the better shapes,

One of the better shapes of golf ???

Rankings of "shape" (and this is an internationally accepted benchmark)

1st Mk1
2nd Mk2
3rd= Mk3,4,5

I would rate mk1 Scirocco shape above mk1 Golf (im biased)

MRVR6

Personally i think mk2 with double (4) headlight is the best looking golf of all time.
(Why don't you have one then?...you may ask. The reason, my wife don't like car that is too old, otherwise, I prefer mk2 than mk3.

mk4? too round for me.

bsting

We could stick this thread in General Discussion. Mk1 Scirocco has quad lights.

PRM

Hell, don't shift it ... it's the only life this sub-forum has!  We'd be back drowling over 32's!

MRVR6

Dubious

I don't think there are any MK4 Golfs left in the club. As cy said, there was one GTi which was rolled, and I used to have a Mk4 that I sold to get my S4
15 8V S3 APR Stage 1

AndyS

I got a 1.6 Mk4 but Im not sure how much longer I'll have it

spooln

Wife has a Mk4 GTi. Quite nippy and everything works well. A great little car.
77 CS1 Fiat Spider. 78 Mk1 Scirocco. 83 Mk1 GTI. 12 Abarth 595C Competizione. 18 Golf R. 20 Kodiaq vRS

hitmanGTI

I dont think its that we are shy i think its more there is not much around here and available... most my bits i have bought are from the states.. (except postage is usually just as much if not more than the item)  :'(

R32 Simon

Well I had an R32 with lots of mods, I wasn?t shy, then my highly polished (300bhp) R32 was stolen  :'(

robh

I think that mark IV Golf's are too expensive in New Zealand to appeal to tweakers and modifiers, most of them get sold to "ladies" who want a nice well made Euro car and spend time driving between Parnell, Ponsonby and Mission Bay.  No offence to any men (or woman) that own mark IV's, it's just a different market in NZ to the UK or States.
Daily Driver - VW Touareg V8 TDI 2012 "towing beast"
Too Many Cars - Lotus Elise S 2013 "tangerine dream"
Project Car - Golf VR6 Turbo "built not bought"
Wifes - Audi S4 Avant 2012 "I want a white car that sounds nice"

rambo_005

robh is right, 'normal' New Zealand drivers with a bit of dosh buy and car and drive it. Mods are left to car fans and boy racers.

cy

so most of us are abnormal
nice  :police: ahaha

rambo_005

Well some of us want our cars to be anyway? ;)