Trunk issues

Started by VeeeDubb, July 08, 2006, 09:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VeeeDubb

Hah I'm a newbie here and a newbie to VW as my last car being my first car was a BMW and currently looking at a '97 VW Vento (its my mates car) and it has a problem with the trunk as it doesnt open!
Im looking after it for 2 weeks whilst my mate is away and got a flat tire today and had a fun time trying to get the spare wheel out of a trunk that doesnt open.
So was wondering if anyone could help me out on fixing it or point me in the direction on who would know how I'd go about fixing it.
Cheers

RS ZWEI

What happens when you put the key in the boot lock?
The boot should unlock when the doors are unlocked, but if someone has locked the boot while the doors are unlocked it will then get out of sequence.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

VeeeDubb

well like when I go to press the button in it doesnt do anthing it just goes in, then I try with the key both left and right and still doesnt do anything, stays firmly closed, but when I unlock it from the front door i can here the motor for that lock working, i'll double check now

VeeeDubb

Went and checked, still doesnt open

hitmanGTI

Quote from: VeeeDubb on July 09, 2006, 12:14:04 AM
Went and checked, still doesnt open

Remove the Rear Seats..

Crawl in.. unclip the locking thing..

see what is wrong with it.. if needs be dismantle it.. if something is a minor.. repair it if something is a major replace it..

RS ZWEI

Quote from: VeeeDubb on July 08, 2006, 11:36:07 PM
well like when I go to press the button in it doesnt do anthing it just goes in, then I try with the key both left and right and still doesnt do anything, stays firmly closed, but when I unlock it from the front door i can here the motor for that lock working, i'll double check now

More than likely the noise you are hearing from the rear of the car is the fuel flap door unlocking not the boot lock.

Also, do Ventos rear seat fold down?
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

VeeeDubb

Yeah the seats do fold down, got in the trunk earlier today found the lock thing and two screws but i dont see how id get the locking thing out of where it is without the trunk lid being open. so I gave up.
im pretty sure the sound is deffinatly comming from the trunk aye. because I can hear the petrol flap unlock then I can still hear the sound like a car aerial thats strying to go up, the motor runs but doesnt unlock it. Who knows, might just get my mate to take it to be fixed by a pro

RS ZWEI

Quote from: VeeeDubb on July 09, 2006, 06:00:04 PM
Yeah the seats do fold down, got in the trunk earlier today found the lock thing and two screws but i dont see how id get the locking thing out of where it is without the trunk lid being open. so I gave up.
im pretty sure the sound is deffinatly comming from the trunk aye. because I can hear the petrol flap unlock then I can still hear the sound like a car aerial thats strying to go up, the motor runs but doesnt unlock it. Who knows, might just get my mate to take it to be fixed by a pro

It hasnt been hit in the rear?
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

VeeeDubb

I dont know, but that is a possibility on the rear quarter panel it looks like it has had a respray job

hitmanGTI

Quote from: VeeeDubb on July 09, 2006, 06:00:04 PM

If its coming from that area..

It maybe you Tank End Fuel Pump..

There might be a Leak in your Fuel line..!!!!

RS ZWEI

Quote from: MK4 GTI on July 10, 2006, 07:17:27 AM
If its coming from that area..

It maybe you Tank End Fuel Pump..

There might be a Leak in your Fuel line..!!!!

Err? Where is this coming from Anton?
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

hitmanGTI

Quote from: Golfboy666GTI on July 10, 2006, 08:07:50 AM
Err? Where is this coming from Anton?

He has said there is a Constant electric noise coming from that part of the car.. sounds like a Aerial Winding up..

Or did i read that wrong and my dyslexia has gotten worse or something ???