Wellington : Wheel Magician : Anyone used them before

Started by weta.worker, June 27, 2014, 01:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weta.worker

Just saw a van outside our work and he's repairing our bosses Merc (one rim has a bit of kerbing)

Showed him the RS2 and he can repair all 4 wheels at 110 (incl gst) per wheel.

It's a mobile service , they just do it all in the back of the van (don't remove the tyre as well).

So grind back a bit, fill , then respray. 

He said the only diff with him and a panel shop is that they don't bake so you can't clean them for a few days (wait until the clear coat to dry)

Sounds all plausible.

Anyone used them?

http://www.wheelmagician.co.nz/

:D
1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

RobClubley

I've heard good things about them from other but haven't used them.

I have used and can recommend Advanced Wheel Repairs in Elsdon Porirua, but they need you to leave the car (or just the wheels) with them.
1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

weta.worker

Quote from: RobClubley on June 27, 2014, 01:13:57 PM
I've heard good things about them from other but haven't used them.

I have used and can recommend Advanced Wheel Repairs in Elsdon Porirua, but they need you to leave the car (or just the wheels) with them.

Yeah , the leaving part in P town is the hard part when I'm all the way over here in the burbs

Price wise, what were the advanced wheel guys charging (I guess it depends how bad things are with the rims?) - these ones aren't bad at all - in fact the RS4's ones are worse!  But I'm not going to fix those as the wife may undo all of that work

:D
1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

RobClubley

They quoted $60 a wheel for the Mazda wheels which are all kerbed and pitted, with black stuff that wheel cleaner won't shift.
For that they said they'd be like new.
My lightly scraped Skoda wheels (damaged by tyre fitters) were $60 each and $80 for the one that needed a dent in the rim straightening out.
This was a few months ago but I doubt they've hiked prices up since.
1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

weta.worker

Quote from: RobClubley on June 27, 2014, 01:47:08 PM
They quoted $60 a wheel for the Mazda wheels which are all kerbed and pitted, with black stuff that wheel cleaner won't shift.
For that they said they'd be like new.
My lightly scraped Skoda wheels (damaged by tyre fitters) were $60 each and $80 for the one that needed a dent in the rim straightening out.
This was a few months ago but I doubt they've hiked prices up since.

Oh wow, thats a lot cheaper.

I may consider leaving the car in P town then!
1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

slowmo

I just saw a sponsored post on facebook from Wheel Magicial Wellington, apparently about $110 per wheel.
Current: 2004 MK4 R32 3-door NZ New DBP

Past: 2010 MK6 GTI / 2013 Nissan Leaf LOL / 2007 B7 RS4 / 2006 MK5 R32 / 2005 MK5 GTI / 1998 MK4 GTI / 1997 B5 A4 MTM

uzumati

Sorry about the thread dredge but times change..

The guys @ Advanced Wheel Systems were great to talk to and if you want a top notch mint job then I suggest you go and see them.
Extremely Helpful, they pointed me in the direction of the Wheel Magician to get curbing sorted & suggested powder coating to get a wheel matched to a set...
they weren't offering the prices mentioned above but i you want a top notch mint job then you pay right ....

heylinb4nz

Try rim blades, $60nz per set of 4 delivered and if you recurb it's a simple and cheap diy fix.

They cover existing damage and give the wheel a little more lip as well, my 18s look more like 19s.

I use these on my TT and also the family luxury sedan...they certainly don't look naff and they don't come off (6 months and counting).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5XommZO3fOESXU0ZS1nU0swUGM/view?usp=drivesdk

uzumati

Thanks for that , amazing whats out there !
the build is certainly mounting...

alanthomas007

Hi all.
I am the owner of The Wheel Magician.  If you would like to talk to me about any aspect of our services, please get in touch.  Also if you are interested in becoming one of our high earning franchisees, I would love to hear from you!