Author Topic: Essential mods for daily driven A3 8P 2.0T FSI DSG  (Read 4506 times)

Offline freakykiwi

Re: Essential mods for daily driven A3 8P 2.0T FSI DSG
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2014, 05:23:54 pm »
From what I've read the bushings were changed or redesigned last year so we'll see how these go.

I've only had a short drive since picking up but I can't believe how much difference this had made.  There's so much more grip, no wheelhop, amazing cornering and no noticible change in comfort at all.

I am finally not regretting buying a front wheel drive.

2007 Audi A3 2.0T FSI DSG
HPA Puck (75A), WALK, Whiteline rear bar,  Eibach pro-kit, Bilstein B8 Shocks, Whiteline/Nolathane arm bushings, 18" S3 alloys, SRP downpipe, BSH true seal intake, BSH PCV revamp, Superchips stage 2 ECU tune.

Offline freakykiwi

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2015, 09:36:03 pm »
Since my last post i have had also had the rear trailing arm front bushings replaced with the nolathane kit and a Whiteline rear sway bar fitted.
I'm really happy with the handling now and have had no issues with oversteer yet with the bar on medium, it's amazing hw much better the car corners now.
The bushings have tightened things up a lot but do add more NVH than I would like on rougher roads and the coarse chip that was recently used to reseal my street.

Anyway I am considering fitting a set I Eibach Pro-Kit springs to reduce the overly large arch gap bug don't know what my axle weights are to order the correct part as he plate in the engine bay reads 0000kg.
Can someone confirm whether I need 1065kg or 1155kg springs for the front?
Both options come up for the 2.0T FWD, I would assume that the heavier rating is for the DSG which I do have?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 11:09:32 pm by freakykiwi »
HPA Puck (75A), WALK, Whiteline rear bar,  Eibach pro-kit, Bilstein B8 Shocks, Whiteline/Nolathane arm bushings, 18" S3 alloys, SRP downpipe, BSH true seal intake, BSH PCV revamp, Superchips stage 2 ECU tune.

Offline Fizz

• OEM+
  • ##
  • When I Said I'd Hit THAT, I Meant With My Car ;)
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2015, 03:59:50 pm »
Anyway I am considering fitting a set I Eibach Pro-Kit springs to reduce the overly large arch gap bug don't know what my axle weights are to order the correct part as he plate in the engine bay reads 0000kg.
Can someone confirm whether I need 1065kg of 1155kg for the front?
Both options come up for the 2.0T FWD, I would assume that the heavier rating is for the DSG which I do have?
correct, DSG would be 1155kg Manual is 1065kg :)
White '14 Octavia RS400 Combi
White '97 Golf GTI Daily/Track Hack SOLD
Red '05 Golf GTI SOLD
Red '99 Golf GTI SOLD

Offline freakykiwi

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2015, 01:58:25 pm »
I have ordered and received the Eibach pro-kit from a German seller on e-bay.  These cost me less than NZ $250 landed which i'm very happy with.
I have just realised that the springs are for an 8P1 (3 door), not my 8PA (sportback).
Is there any difference? The axle load ratings are correct so should be OK?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 02:00:19 pm by freakykiwi »

Offline GLIDN

• ##
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2015, 10:06:32 pm »
Will be fine.
Top Secret Project
MK3 GTI 16v Tornado Red - under the knife soon
Mk3 12v VR6 Variant
MK5 GTI DSG - Unitronic Stage 1 | Stage 1 DSG | Unitronic Intake |Tuned by HSP Tuning |
MK6 GTI DSG -  Unitronic Stage 2 | Stage 2 DSG | Tuned by HSP Tuning

Offline freakykiwi

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2015, 03:33:41 pm »
Thanks,
I'm trying to convince myself that i'll be happy with just the springs and standard shocks instead of ordering and fitting the Bilstein B12 kit instead with springs and shocks.

Offline ziptie.nz

• ##
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2015, 08:05:42 pm »
Thanks,
I'm trying to convince myself that i'll be happy with just the springs and standard shocks instead of ordering and fitting the Bilstein B12 kit instead with springs and shocks.

If thats the only thing in your life you need yourself to be happy about. You clearly have bigger issue at hand

Offline freakykiwi

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2015, 10:47:07 pm »
The springs were fitted last Friday week with no problems at all.

The ride is just as comfortable with the Eibach springs as stock with vastly improved handling, launch and braking.   Wheel hop and understeer are virtually non existent.
The wheel arch gap is what it should have always been IMO, not too high and not too low, and looks great.

The stock shocks are arguably a little under damped, especially in rebound, and there's a bit of bounce at motorway speeds but with the progressive springs it's really no worse than stock and very comfortable.

I'm very happy with the car now and it handles the power through the front wheels now so much better than standard, it's a capable and bloody fun car to drive.