Moving to NZ - any views on exporting my TT?

Started by Coznkiwi, August 30, 2014, 08:07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coznkiwi

Hi , first time I've ever posted something in a forum and I didn't expect it to be a petrol head club where I would lose my....
Anyway, we are moving to NZ mid October, from the UK. We currently own a TT 2.0 TDI S line Quattro registered Sept 2011, 20,000 miles/32 000 k.  Standard spec plus the comfort pack, electronic mirrors, black nappa interior, diesel, manual.

If we export the car we can't sell for 2 years and I can only assume we will do average mileage over those two years.

I would appreciate your views on how desirable an ex UK registered TT is in NZ. We will want to sell it in around two years time so assuming we price sensibly is there a market for a 5 year old TT or will it be a millstone round my neck?
Thanks all

Thanks all

weta.worker

Hiya, too be honest loads of people here wouldn't touch a UK import (lots of stories \ experiences \ tales of rusting) , so I'm not sure how easy it would be to sell once you got it here.

If you found someone who didn't care \ know of these stories you would be fine, but you've already lost a chunk of the market.

The UK example would command less $ than a matching NZ or even Jap import.

But money talks, so you could just keep dropping the price till it moves :D

My 2 cents

:)
1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

Horch

Refer to audi.co.nz you will find a diesel version TT will be an orphan in the market. TFSI spec only.
2018 Porsche 991 Carrera T Manual
1988 urquattro MB
1986 MB 300SL
1956 DKW RT250
2006 Vespa PX200

beeker

You'll save some money by brining it across but as said any ex uk car commands a discount over a kiwi new car due to the risk and complexities of corrosion from uk roads .

Ps tts are not super popular in nz, unless you are a hairdresser :)
Unlike the uk where they are perceived as more of a soft sports car.

14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

the phantom

I've been noticing a few TTs being driven by local Asians recently