Drivers door lock

Started by Blucar, October 17, 2014, 05:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blucar

Hi all..

New to the VW owners club and this forum ... thanks for the tips and tricks that I've learnt through trolling through the topics. 

Can anyone help me with the following - all doors were working fine off both the remote and rocker switch on the inside of the drivers door until recently... all the locks seem to work except the drivers lock which now wont engage with either the switch or the remote.  It will engage by using the key in the and turning the lock (the good old fashioned way).  I have replaced the actuator in the door and the problem still persists.... any help appreciated.

Thanks all.

GLIDN

if you replaced the door lock.

Then I would point to one of two things.
Either loose/dry solder connection in the door.

Or communication errors are still present preventing the can bus system to complete the link.
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

Filx

Replace the door lock if you haven't already. it's bad news when the locks stop working in the locked position on Mk5s.
FAIL - First Attempt In Learning

NZGTI

My Mk5 GTI door lock failed .... replaced the whole actuator.

Found these many useful link...But this one from the Humble mechanic was the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuOJhZaGwnw&list=WL&index=155&t=0s

Super pleased with how easy it was actually.... a bit of a leap of faith but it worked out

2015 Golf 1.4 TSi
2006 Touran 2.0
2006 Golf GTI...gone
2007 Touran 1.4 TSi Stage 1...gone
2003 Passat v5...gone
1999 Golf GTi...gone
1990 Corrado x2...gone
1984 Golf GTi...gone

Pristle

The removal of the outer may seem daunting, but don't let it put you off.

The mechanism actuator on these locks aren't designed to last. I picked one up off eBay (cponline15) last year for ?24, 4 day delivery. Don't know the timeframe now though.