Author Topic: Tuned GTI mk6 or stock R/S3  (Read 647 times)

Offline GLIDN

• ##
Re: Tuned GTI mk6 or stock R/S3
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2018, 09:39:45 am »
those are golf R exhaust. Neither which sounds like the mk6 gti.
On a side note, even retuning the vehicle can make the exact same exhaust sound much better or worse.

Verified again by re-tuning a customers 2009 Audi S4 yesterday, which was "custom dyno tuned".
Not only is all the raspiness in his exhaust gone now, his car has a much-much better air fuel ratio (extremely important). The car runs more efficiently and water + oil temps are much lower now too. Will be able to provide real world data via race track info in a few weeks also.

I'll have my mk6 for approx. 2 more weeks. Then it's off to its new home. I'm more than happy to take you for a drive in mine so you can hear the difference simply an exhaust makes.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 09:45:39 am by GLIDN »
Top Secret Project
MK3 GTI 16v Tornado Red - under the knife soon
Mk3 12v VR6 Variant
MK5 GTI DSG - Unitronic Stage 1 | Stage 1 DSG | Unitronic Intake |Tuned by HSP Tuning |
MK6 GTI DSG -  Unitronic Stage 2 | Stage 2 DSG | Tuned by HSP Tuning

Offline Filx

• ##
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2018, 09:44:29 am »
it comes down to what you want from your vehicle?

I have a mk5 GTI, mk6 GTI, MK6 R and Tiguan.
So I now know the ins and outs of all these platforms and done loads of R&D on my own cars.

The least favourite id say is the 6R to the point I drive it out of necessity, not by choice. Yes it's silly fast and 12 second quarter mile car etc. Mid to late 3 second 0-100kph.

Sorry for the thread hijack but got some picks, clips of this R in action and the time slips?
FAIL - First Attempt In Learning

Offline GLIDN

• ##
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2018, 09:49:00 am »
Sorry for the thread hijack but got some picks, clips of this R in action and the time slips?

I'll dig them out but doubt they will still have any viable data on them. Due to the thermal paper they use at Meremere.

However I go to race, not take videos.
Even stock mk7R's (yes I know they are a different car) does a 13.59-13.69 consistently.
Top Secret Project
MK3 GTI 16v Tornado Red - under the knife soon
Mk3 12v VR6 Variant
MK5 GTI DSG - Unitronic Stage 1 | Stage 1 DSG | Unitronic Intake |Tuned by HSP Tuning |
MK6 GTI DSG -  Unitronic Stage 2 | Stage 2 DSG | Tuned by HSP Tuning